Serena Williams has won the first match of her return to the U.S. Open.
For her first match in this year's US Open on Monday against Madga Linette of Poland, the 36-year-old, 23 time Grand-Slam victor wore basically a tutu, which didn't stop, help or hinder her playing a sensational tennis match, beating Linette in two sets: 6-4, 6-0.
And that's not because the tennis ace wants to keep things low key, in fact, there will be no celebration at all.
According to an interview with Vogue in 2017, Serena hasn't been an active participant in the faith until recently. The uniform was designed by Nike to aid in blood circulation for Williams after her difficulties during childbirth.
He said "You have to respect the game and the place". Nice one Bernard Giudicelli, French Tennis Federation President.
Air quality reaches hazardous levels in Spokane
While Metro Vancouver's air quality saw a brief reprieve on Friday, August 17th, the smoky haze returned the day after. Another notable fire, the 633-hectare Gottfriedsen Mountain fire, was brought under control on Sunday.
Ending with the tag line, "It's only insane until you do it", the spot for her shoe and clothing sponsor shows video of Williams as a young girl, practicing with her father, interspersed with clips of her playing as an adult at Grand Slam tournaments. It was a great first-round match.
Before this tennis tutu, Serena had worn a black catsuit at the French Open.
"It's different because it's a much further ride away, obviously, " Williams said, referring to the shorter commutes at other Grand Slam events.
Today, she will play the world No. 101 Carina Witthoeft, who beat American Carolina Dolehide 6-3, 7-6 (8-6) on Monday. "No one's ideal, [they're] always talking about our bodies and what we can wear and what we can't wear and I don't hear too much about the guys, do you?" Whatsoever, we are loving how Serena rocked in that tutu outfit.
"Once I got settled I started doing what I'm trying to do in practice".
"This is you at the US Open, " the familiar voice of Richard Williams tells the little girl, who cracks a mini-me serve, followed by the full-grown woman unleashing a full-throttle version on the very center court she visualized all those years ago.
- John McCain Aide Reads Senator's Final Message To America
- International News Alexis Sanchez likely to miss Brighton clash 4 hours ago
- New managers Emery and Pellegrini scrap for first point
- Puerto Rico raises Hurricane Maria death toll to 2,975
- Sacha Baron Cohen targets O.J. Simpson in ‘Who Is America?’ finale
- Teddy Bridgewater to be traded to Saints from the New York Jets
- Tyson Fury Quotes Frank Sinatra Then Gives Deontay Wilder Prediction
- Former Nazi Concentration Camp Guard Deported To Germany
- National Enquirer Executives Had Safe Containing Dirt on Trump
- Trump doubles down on security clearances; former officials slam move