While Metro Vancouver's air quality saw a brief reprieve on Friday, August 17th, the smoky haze returned the day after.
It's time to break out your particulate respirator mask.
The smoke from wildfires across northern parts of Washington state and southern British Columbia has lowered visibility to between one and three miles in some areas and is leading to dangerously unhealthy air quality across the region.
The Clean Air Agency is urging everyone to stay indoors as much as possible and keep windows closed. On Sunday, incoming flights were delayed for more than two hours. "If it's not fitted correctly, all it does is make it harder to breathe", she said.
Melania Appears to Slam Trump in Her Latest Speech About Cyberbullying
She said that everyone attending shared one goal: "to pave a smooth way forward for our children, our next generation". He said one in five children experience bullying, and that 16 per cent of children now are victims of cyberbullying.
As B.C. residents look for ways to cope with the poor air quality, firefighting crews are reporting progress as they continue to battle hundreds of wildfires.
The BC Wildfire Service says about 550 fires are burning in the province, but there weren't many lightning strikes over the weekend and that gave crews a chance to concentrate on some of the 54 blazes now threatening people or property.
A province-wide state of emergency has been in effect since August 15.
Another notable fire, the 633-hectare Gottfriedsen Mountain fire, was brought under control on Sunday. Smoke from fires in British Columbia drifting into Washington and Idaho will cause unhealthy air levels through Tuesday, the weather service said. This can become risky at times with easterly winds throughout B.C.
- Man who stole plane and died in crash had North Dakota ties
- Turkey says Trump tariff move will harm ties, vows retaliation
- Iranian naval drill a warning on sanctions, says United States general
- New York University makes tuition free for all medical students
- Trump doubles down on security clearances; former officials slam move
- Trump calls Turkey a ‘problem,’ says detained U.S. pastor isn’t a spy
- IPhone X-like Motorola P30 gets official in China, and it's cheap
- Omarosa's Recording Is a 'Violation'
- Trump calls ex-'Apprentice' star turned White House aide a 'dog'
- Kepa to Chelsea: Athletic Bilbao's 'clause or nothing' millions