However, from the resulting goal kick, Ederson fired a long pass to Aguero and after the Argentine had remained patient as he found a shooting position for himself, the ball was clipped over Hamer and a defender before finding the top corner of the net.
Aguero cut inside and chipped Huddersfield's stranded 'keeper Ben Hamer, setting City on its way to its second straight win to open the season.
Sergio Aguero scoring for Manchester City.
Though consistently prolific, City's all-time top scorer has not always been a Guardiola favourite and started just 22 league matches last term.
A third goal arrived shortly afterwards as Aguero converted from close range, but it was Hamer's mistake which led to the striker converting from six yards after he had failed to claim a cross from Mendy.
And he heaps plaudits on hat-trick hero, Sergio Aguero.
Tesla Go-Private Effort Advances With Board Panel to Study Offer
The board had confirmed earlier this month that it had "met several times over the last week" to discuss going private. The special committee has retained lawyers - Latham & Watkins - in addition to a legal team used by the company.
Aguero then wrapped up his hat-trick with a smart flick from Benjamin Mendy's cross - before a Terence Kongolo own goal sealed an emphatic win for an impressive City.
Considering City started with the likes of Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker, Leroy Sané and Nicolas Otamendi on the bench, and with Kevin De Bruyne out injured, it's going to take something very special from the rest of the Premier League to stop the Citizens cantering to yet another top-flight title.
Manchester City will play their first home game of the 2018/2019 season, against a resolute Huddersfield side who will be looking to frustrate the reigning league champions. "We decided today we would play with two strikers".
When you consider the personal issues David Silva went through last season, the Spanish worldwide produced some incredible performances for his club and country.
Silva, who became the third City player after Joe Hart and Richard Dunne to appear in 250 Premier League games for the club, made way for Mahrez after 64 minutes but there was no let-up for the visitors.
Huddersfield had pulled a goal back just before half time through Jon Stankovic but David Wagner's men were totally outclassed.
- IPhone X-like Motorola P30 gets official in China, and it's cheap
- Man who stole plane and died in crash had North Dakota ties
- Unai Emery shares who will start in goal for Arsenal against Chelsea
- On the brink: Woods electrifies in 2nd-place finish at PGA
- NASA launched a probe to 'touch the sun'
- Jim Carrey Plans to Bring Robotnik to Life With ‘Magic’ and ‘Desperation’
- Gates Testifies He Helped Manafort Fudge Info To Obtain Loans
- Tyson Fury Quotes Frank Sinatra Then Gives Deontay Wilder Prediction
- Omarosa's Recording Is a 'Violation'
- Athletes, fans slam Donald Trump for insulting LeBron James