"I think on Sunday against Manchester City, the team kept their ideas, kept their spirit in the game for the full 90 minutes, even when we were losing, and didn't let their heads go down".
Arsenal signed Leno for £22m from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer but the German will have to bide his time while Cech keeps his place between the sticks.
"Leno is starting with us, he is working very well and played very good in pre-season".
Alexandre Lacazette may not have said anything in public, but he's definitely smarting after being benched for Arsenal's Premier League opener and the forward's been practicing his free-kick skills ahead of Saturday's mammoth clash against Chelsea.
Both clubs were edged out of the top-four race last season with Chelsea finishing in 5th and Arsenal 6th and the remit for their new managers is to secure Champions League football.
The Gunners were deservedly beaten in the Spaniard's first competitive game in charge of the club, ending with 42% possession on home soil. "If Bernd starts, I believe in him also". We are playing with this personality and we need to improve this personality with better performances on the pitch.
Iranian naval drill a warning on sanctions, says United States general
Tuesday's sanctions target Iran's purchases of USA dollars, metals trading, coal, industrial software and the auto sector. Despite threats voiced by Washington, a number of countries have refused to bow to Trump's demands to cut ties with Iran.
Emery's side is facing a defensive crisis at left-back, with Sead Kolasinac and Ainsley Maitland-Niles on the sidelines due to injury, while Spain worldwide, Nacho Monreal is still battling with fitness.
"Petr has played hundreds of games and I think sometimes he would have kicked it long before, now he is under pressure this year". He can play at left-back but his position in the team is more at right-back. "But we needed to play with another player like Ainsley", added Emery.
"We are training for each situation".
Experienced Swiss worldwide Lichtsteiner is a right-back by trade and Emery is hopeful Monreal will be fit to face Chelsea after returning to training this week.
- United States revives sanctions to hurt Iran economy
- Athletes, fans slam Donald Trump for insulting LeBron James
- NASA launched a probe to 'touch the sun'
- Erdogan says United States set deadline for pastor's release
- Gates Testifies He Helped Manafort Fudge Info To Obtain Loans
- Omarosa claims Trump is a racist, used N-word on 'The Apprentice'
- Turkey says Trump tariff move will harm ties, vows retaliation
- Klopp: We are the Rocky to City's Drago
- On the brink: Woods electrifies in 2nd-place finish at PGA
- Jim Carrey Plans to Bring Robotnik to Life With ‘Magic’ and ‘Desperation’