Between 2011 and 2015 Adam Scott finished in the top 15 in 15 of 20 major championships starts - including his iconic win at the 2013 Masters.
Woods' second place finish at the PGA Championship was his best finish in a major since the 2009 PGA Championship.
Brooks Koepka reacts after making a par on the sixth green during the final round of the 2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive Country Club on August 12, 2018, in St Louis, Missouri.
PGA Championship victor Brooks Koepka was an automatic qualifier for the United States' Ryder Cup squad on Monday, while Tiger Woods waits for an at-large bid.
Anderson: our attack would have run through any line-up today
But it was new-ball partner Mohammed Shami who made the breakthrough when Keaton Jennings (11) was lbw playing across the line. Many cricket pundits reckoned his performance in Edgbaston as the best that he has ever bowled in the overseas conditions.
"I do want to be there as a player", Woods said Sunday.
"There's really nothing I can look forward to, nothing I can build towards", Woods said at that 2015 press conference.
Crowds cheered the veteran through a thrilling round that saw him miss every front-nine fairway but take only 10 putts, scrambling from dirt, trees and bunkers to stay in the hunt. "I've been waiting 18 months to get a feel for who our qualifiers would be, who the eight players would be and that 18 months has flown by in certain respects". When he was an assistant captain for Steve Stricker at the Presidents Cup, he noted that he was hitting only chip shots and said, "I don't know what my future holds".
"I had to kind of figure this out on my own and it's been really hard - a lot harder than people think", he said.
"What is important is how well Tiger has played", Furyk said. He is close to Woods, who in his other role as a vice captain will surely be pushing his case.
British Open victor Francesco Molinari of Italy and England's Justin Rose, Tyrrell Hatton and Tommy Fleetwood helped secure their lead in the European points spots with solid showings at the PGA, Molinari sharing sixth and Hatton sharing 10th. I always do a pretty good job. And for all the craziness that went down at Bellerive, there was no real movement among the eight players who secured their spots.
"I remember I went to the British Open when Ben Curtis won (in 2003)".
The Florida native is now one of just 46 players in golf's history to have won three or more majors in their career.
- United States revives sanctions to hurt Iran economy
- Donald Trump Denounces Racism Ahead of White Supremacist Rally Anniversary
- Star Witness Gates Testifies He Committed Crimes With Manafort
- Turkey says Trump tariff move will harm ties, vows retaliation
- Athletes, fans slam Donald Trump for insulting LeBron James
- United States plans weaker vehicle emissions standards
- Jim Carrey Plans to Bring Robotnik to Life With ‘Magic’ and ‘Desperation’
- Omarosa claims Trump is a racist, used N-word on 'The Apprentice'
- Donald Trump stumps in central OH for 12th congressional candidate
- Explosive drones detonate in 'attempt' on Venezuelan president