The smoking ban is an effort to improve air quality and quality of life for those living in public housing.
ALS says they are working with public housing authorities to help make the transition to a smoke-free environment.
McKone says this rule will protect close to two million Americans nationwide, including 690,000 children, from being exposed to secondhand smoke in their homes.
Tuesday is the deadline for public housing authorities to implement smoke-free policies.
The new rule will penalize anyone who smokes cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and hookah pipes in indoor common areas, within public housing units, in administrative offices, and in outdoor areas within 25 feet of NYCHA buildings. "And they could overcome this, so I want to work with them to make this as painless as it can be in a hard situation for those that are addicted to smoking", Mayeaux said.
Cohen Tapes Erase Attorney-Client Privilege, 'Indication of a Fraud'
The paper reported that Cohen told Cuomo he wasn't running a tape - before recording their entire conversation. Cohen and his [attorneys] refuse to provide us the tapes, which is a direct ethical violation (see letter)".
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) found that about one-third of multi-unit housing residents reported experiencing secondhand smoke that involuntarily entered their home from other areas on their building. "Then, there would probably be an issue if they get caught smoking cigarettes - then there's the fine, paying money, or being put out.but, to each his own". Electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, have not been banned but may be in the future.
The Albany Housing Authority provides support for their residents to stop smoking.
HUD notes that people "do not have to quit smoking" to live in government housing, but need to follow the new ban.
MHA said it won't be going door to door acting as the smoke police, but if residents are seen smoking in their units or near them, they'll be talked to by management.
- Trump Threatens to Shut Down Government if Democrats Don't Back Immigration Policies
- Pompeo, Haley step up pressure to support Trump's talks on North Korea
- Facebook discovers coordinated political influence campaign ahead of midterm elections
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Hamilton WINS - Vettel second
- Administration Earmarks Up to $12 Billion for Agriculture to Offset Trade War
- Timothy Fosu-Mensah, International Champions Cup, Jose Mourinho
- Emery respects Ozil's Germany choice, says Arsenal is his 'home'
- Sen. Lindsey Graham says Trump's tough talk "not working" on Putin
- Demi Lovato Hospitalized Following Heroin Overdose
- US Commander: Lack of Trust Between US, North Korea Challenges Progress