Manchester United are set for a defensive crisis ahead of their Premier League season's kick off. Antonio Valencia is expected to start against Leicester City right-back while the other full-back position is still up in the air.
The United boss wants two new players before the August 9 cut-off and has repeatedly painted a bleak picture when asked during the tour of the United States whether it would be possible.
Mourinho has already revealed that he wants to sign more players in this window, but the management has been unable to do so, causing frustration and furore among the United fans.
"I think it's possible I'm going to have one". Normally you don't get what you want which basically happened throughout my career.
However, towards the end of his tactical speech, as Mourinho briefed his men on what to expect in the gift shop, Matteo Darmian pointed out that as the players were scheduled to be riding the Kraken, they were also meant to be lining up to play Real Madrid.
Mourinho has slapped pressure on United's transfer chiefs for failing to deliver the five targets he requested at the start of the summer and he faces a major task to close the gap on Manchester City this season.
Sagan just hopes to survive stage 19 after 'painful ride'
One fan who reached over the barriers almost took Thomas down Wednesday. But I take confidence with how I have been riding and best recover.
"I'm confident I will get one, but I think two I'm not going to get, which is not a drama", said Mourinho. So, I think we have fantastic players, but, of course, always managers want to improve their teams, but it's not my business.
And the 19-year-old, who has only made eight senior appearances to date, is enjoying the experience so far, despite mixed fortunes for United in pre-season.
The short-term requirement for players to return to training early has to be balanced with the need to ensure they are recharged and rested after the World Cup.
"After all, he has spent close to £400million since taking charge at Old Trafford, including a £60m deal for Brazil midfielder Fred in the current transfer window".
The Manchester United manager has had a significant number of players unavailable due to post-World Cup breaks and injuries. What I don't agree with is that the Premier League starts now.
"I just hope that the boys that are on deserved holidays, they take care about themselves a little bit".
- White House defends decision to bar CNN reporter from event
- Are Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas already engaged?
- Dollar drops further on Trump's comments on currency, rate hike
- Pompeo, Haley step up pressure to support Trump's talks on North Korea
- Ex-head of CIA: Trump should disclose details of conversation with Putin
- Facebook creates new China subsidiary despite ban and censorship
- Israel arrests Italians who painted mural of Palestinian teen
- Administration Earmarks Up to $12 Billion for Agriculture to Offset Trade War
- 'No nuclear deals for SA yet' - Cyril Ramaphosa
- Trump OK'd disclosure of Russian indictments