When national security adviser John Bolton was in Moscow last month to arrange the summit, he told Putin he looked forward to "learning how you've handled the World Cup so successfully". The whole country has taken enormous pleasure from interacting with the world of football and the fans who have visited us from all over the planet.
Boateng has been a rock at the back for Bayern Munich in recent years but, like so numerous German players, he failed to impress in their World Cup campaign.
He added "We are, of course, ready to share the experience we acquired in holding the World Cup this year", confirming that Russian Federation will do its best to promote sports and its role in uniting people and countries.
Heroic welcome for Thai Navy SEAL team after Tham Luang success
Seven other Britons in the rescue, five of them divers, were due home on Friday. He said: "Initially of course excitement, relief that they were still alive ".
The tournament, however, proceeded without any significant organisational hitches, violence and evidence of racism or harassment of visitors. We got into the game and on counter attacks, we made the difference.
He even kissed the golden top of the World Cup trophy before it was presented to France captain Hugo Lloris.
Russian President Vladmir Putin stole the show with an umbrella as his Croatian counterpart Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic was left in the lurch to get drenched during France-Croatia FIFA World Cup finals at the Luzhniki Stadium. Apart from the sell-out crowd of 78,011 in the stadium, the final was watched by a billion-strong television audience around the world.
Les Blues secured their second World Cup title - and first on foreign soil - with a thumping 4-2 win on Sunday evening in Moscow, with the clash serving up the most goals in a final since 1966. On behalf of himself and all lovers of football and sports around the world, the Amir congratulated Russian Federation for the great success and looked forward to welcome everyone to 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar.
- Tropical storm Chris forms off Carolina coast
- Airplane Love Story Unfolds After A Woman Switched Seats With A Passenger
- President Trump Hopes For Good Ties With New President-Elect Of Mexico
- China’s U.S. trade surplus hits record on rush to beat tariffs
- Kerber, Serena set to reprise 2016 showdown
- Tesla announces deal for Shanghai factory
- England reach first semifinal since 1990
- Croatia have golden generation in sight as Russian Federation loom
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spend Princess Diana's birthday at polo
- Trump visit to United Kingdom begins on awkward note