His third trip to his ancestral home today, as Private Citizen Obama is anticipated to be an emotional one, for a man who had very little time to interact with his father.
Obama is in Kenya to help launch the sports and training centre founded by his half-sister, Auma Obama, through her foundation Sauti Kuu.
The meeting was also attended by Obama's step-sister Auma Obama, US Ambassador to Kenya Robert Godec and Raila's youngest daughter Winnie Odinga.
Not restricted by protocol this time, Mr Obama repeated remarks he made in 2015 at Kasarani, where he said the progress in Kenya now means fewer Kenyans need to travel overseas or even emigrate to get a good education, which means more youth can have opportunities in the country, if policies are put in place. He was born in Hawaii, where he spent most of his childhood raised by his mother, a white American from Kansas.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spend Princess Diana's birthday at polo
The visit of Angelina was a surprise for many as she has replaced Queen Elizabeth II for the event after Queen's sudden illness. There was no sign of Kate Middleton and the heirs to the throne, Prince George , Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis .
On Monday, Obama will fly to Kisumu, Kenya, and drive about 44 miles to his late father's home village of Kogelo, Siaya County, the AP reported. Who searched Obama when he was getting to state house?
'We are upbeat about the coming of the President Barak Obama, ' said Rasango, who added he is not expecting much in terms of any announcements of aid.
Former President Barack Obama is headed to Africa this week, and he used his upcoming trip as the inspiration behind his summer reading list recommendations.
This will be his first visit to Kenya since leaving office on January 20 previous year.
- Duchess of Cambridge beams in white at Prince Louis' christening
- Trump visit to United Kingdom begins on awkward note
- US adds a solid 213,000 jobs; unemployment up to 4 pct
- Airplane Love Story Unfolds After A Woman Switched Seats With A Passenger
- England reach first semifinal since 1990
- Gregg Popovich says goodbye to Tony Parker after Hornets move
- Serena Williams set to ‘be a contender to win Grand Slams’
- The Folding Samsung Galaxy X May Come Before the S10, Not After
- Heroic welcome for Thai Navy SEAL team after Tham Luang success
- Microsoft's budget Surface Go goes official with 10-inch screen