Hours before resigning as chairman of the company he founded, Schnatter also stepped down from the board of trustees of the University of Louisville, whose football stadium is named Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.
Schnatter's face was off some materials by Friday, though the pizza chain said there are no plans to change its name.
- Papa John's pizza will no longer be sold at Target Field as the Minnesota Twins have cut ties with the company, according to Minnesota Twins officials. But Russell Lemken, an assistant professor in the ECU Department of Marketing says Papa Johns will have to change much of their advertising and packaging, which uses Schnatter's picture. All of these teams, and Major League Baseball itself, suspended relationships with Papa John's after Schnatter's ouster as chairman.
Google's Gmail not safe anymore, here's why
It's not news that Google and many top email providers enable outside developers to access users' inboxes. The Wall Street Journal originally reported that two apps in particular have admitted to reading emails.
The naming right to the stadium is part of a deal that the school has with Schnatter himself, and not with the pizza chain.
University of Louisville President Neeli Bendapudi announced Friday afternoon that the Papa John's name will be wiped off Cardinal Stadium.
Schnatter had used the slur during a media training exercise in May, Forbes reported this week. The Kansas City Royals also stepped away from Papa John's, as did the Miami Marlins and Tampa Bay Rays. "These comments were hurtful and unacceptable, and they do not reflect the values of our university". But attempting to continue any financial relationship with Mr. Schnatter would be a painful and unnecessary barrier to our efforts of building a community where everyone is welcome and belongs. "While we have enjoyed a positive relationship with the local franchisee and staff, we will be evaluating the overall relationship between Papa John's and our sports properties over the coming weeks". He said the comment was taken out of context but that he nevertheless felt "sick" about the incident. "Better Pizza. Papa John's" tagline in that spot.
Schnatter's name will also be removed from the Center for Free Enterprise at the UofL business school.
- Bolton says US could dismantle North Korean arsenal "within a year"
- Tesla announces deal for Shanghai factory
- Airplane Love Story Unfolds After A Woman Switched Seats With A Passenger
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Puts Yorktown Heights on the Map
- Dems Want to Delay Supreme Court Nominee. Most Americans Don't
- Majority Want SCOTUS Pick To Back Abortion Rights
- England reach first semifinal since 1990
- Gregg Popovich says goodbye to Tony Parker after Hornets move
- US adds a solid 213,000 jobs; unemployment up to 4 pct
- Iran Aims to Keep Oil Exports Flowing Despite US Sanctions