A major reason behind the delay to Sarri's appointment was the hard negotiations with Conte, who has insisted that Chelsea must sack him because he would not resign. Imminent announcements have been stated a number of times in the media that Maurizio Sarri will be unveiled, only for nothing to materialise.
Maurizio Sarri continues to wait for Chelsea to call, but meanwhile Antonio Conte is taking charge of pre-season training.
He has been at the club for two years, winning the title in his first season before things fell apart last term in the Premier League with the club missing out on qualification for the Champions League.
Antonio Conte and his backroom staff were at Chelsea's training ground on Saturday morning as some of the squad returned to training, according to Sky in Italy.
Chelsea are close to completing a €65 million (£57.5m) combined deal to appoint Maurizio Sarri as their new head coach and sign Italy worldwide midfielder Jorginho, Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis said.
The Folding Samsung Galaxy X May Come Before the S10, Not After
It is said that the phone would be held shut by magnets and that the display would turn on automatically when the hinge is open. Rumors regarding the Galaxy X have been heating up. "We are preparing for foldable phones very intensely".
One player he had fallen out with was Willian, who made his feelings toward his manager hilariously clear by covering him up with emojis on an Instagram story celebrating Chelsea's success over Manchester United in the FA Cup final.
That's not to mention the fact that Conte boasts the best win percentage (65.1%) of any Chelsea manager in the Premier League era.
For other fans, however, the departure is a bit more bittersweet.
Sarri spent three seasons in charge of Napoli but was unable to wrestle the title from Juventus, finishing fifth, second and third.
It appears Chelsea have finally found a solution by agreeing to pay £50 million, ($NZ97 million) plus £7m in bonuses, to take both Sarri and Jorginho, who remains a target for Manchester City.
- Cousins to join Warriors for one year, $5.3 million
- Roger Federer defeats Jan-Lennard Struff to reach Wimbledon fourth round
- Dems Want to Delay Supreme Court Nominee. Most Americans Don't
- Graham Warns Dems Against Personal Attacks on Kavanaugh
- Former N.J. reporter describes 'war zone' at newsroom shooting
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to leave Real Madrid for €100 million
- Russian Federation beat Spain in World Cup's first penalty shootout to progress
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Puts Yorktown Heights on the Map
- Real Madrid see Cristiano Ronaldo's departure as a possibility
- Trump visit to United Kingdom begins on awkward note