It will be interesting to see what the next step will be for Parker in terms of on-court impact with the Hornets but the basketball world already knows that he was integral to what San Antonio was able to build over almost two decades and Popovich clearly echoed that sentiment. The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears added that Parker considered offers from the Spurs and the Denver Nuggets before choosing the Hornets.
Leonard is eligible to sign a five-year $219m supermax contract extension in San Antonio this summer and is still said to have a good relationship with coach Popovich.
The 35-year old point guard, who won four National Basketball Association titles with the Spurs, is expected to backup Kemba Walker, who is entering his final year of his contract. He was the MVP of the 2007 NBA Finals and a six-time All-Star. We are grateful to Tony for 17 years of truly awesome memories.
Cristiano Ronaldo set to leave Real Madrid for €100 million
Spanish TV show El Chiringuito de Jugones reported that Real Madrid is set to accept a $116 million offer for the five-time Ballon d'Or victor .
Parker elected to utilize the Spurs' doctors, and Leonard sought treatment outside of the organization. His injury was considered more significant than Leonard's, and the team sought advice from the world's best tendon experts for Parker and Leonard. In addition, Parker's public complaints about Leonard's injury were reportedly the last straw for Leonard, who now wants out of San Antonio.
And tensions were strained further when Parker made comments to the media suggesting an injury he had sustained previously was "100 times worse" than Leonard's current plight.
Parker is expected to sign a two-year deal with the Hornets and informed the Spurs of his decision, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski (via Twitter). He took over the franchise and I gave up the torch of the franchise willingly. Parker wants to play at least 20 years in the National Basketball Association.
- Amazon's Pharmacy Deal Threatens Retail Drugstores
- Roger Federer defeats Jan-Lennard Struff to reach Wimbledon fourth round
- Gareth Southgate: I was lucky to get second chance to manage England
- Melania Trump's 'I Really Don't Care' Jacket Sparks Controversy on Border Visit
- Lewis Hamilton Not a Fan of 'Confusing' Paul Ricard Circuit
- The 15 biggest ways your iPhone will change in iOS 12
- Real Madrid see Cristiano Ronaldo's departure as a possibility
- England vs Colombia biggest game for a decade Gareth Southgate
- Airplane Love Story Unfolds After A Woman Switched Seats With A Passenger
- The Folding Samsung Galaxy X May Come Before the S10, Not After