Real Madrid's genius for putting themselves centre stage of a tournament which has nothing to do with them continues unabated.
'Given the information published in the last hours referring to an alleged agreement between Real Madrid CF and PSG by player Kylian Mbappé, Real Madrid says they are flatly false, ' a statement read on Madrid's website. Despite seemingly backtracking on his claims a few days later, reports have continued to float around - reports linking him with an exit from Madrid and with moves to various top European clubs.
Mbappe has been on fire for France at the 2018 FIFA World Cup so far, having scored three goals in four matches. Now that Portugal have crashed out of the footballing extravaganza, all eyes seem to be back on Ronaldo and his future.
Thousands of tourists stranded as Bali volcano eruption closes airport
The volcano, about 70km northeast of Bali's tourist hotspot of Kuta, last had a major eruption in 1963, killing about 1100 people. Volcanic ash is hard and abrasive, and can damage propellers and turbo compressor blades, as well as scratching cockpit windows.
It is understood that Ronaldo has asked a significant pay rise that would keep him in line with the new deals handed to Neymar and Lionel Messi by PSG and Barcelona respectively. However, latest reports suggest that Madrid could just allow their talismanic forward to leave for a price much, much lesser than his release clause.
The newspapers cited the TV report in their own discussions of a potential transfer, but did not confirm that the deal has already been agreed.
Spanish TV show El Chiringuito de Jugones reported that Real Madrid is set to accept a $116 million offer for the five-time Ballon d'Or victor. He moved to Manchester United in 2003 before signing on with Madrid in 2009.
- Brazil vs Costa Rica
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to leave Real Madrid for €100 million
- Former N.J. reporter describes 'war zone' at newsroom shooting
- Priest Slaps Baby Across The Face In The Middle Of Baptism
- Cousins to join Warriors for one year, $5.3 million
- How family separation at the border works
- Google's Gmail not safe anymore, here's why
- Dems Want to Delay Supreme Court Nominee. Most Americans Don't
- Trump mulls steep tariff on EU autos
- England, injured coach want no more surprises against Panama