In a two-part defense, Ocasio-Cortez shot back at Cardillo and told him to "Try Google". In fact, her campaign website clearly mentions that she moved to Yorktown Heights from the Bronx when she was five in order for her to receive a better education. "I was born in a place where your Zip code determines your destiny". "And I don't think you can go too far to the left and still win the Midwest - coming from a Midwestern state", she said.
After getting a degree in Economics and International Relations at Boston University, she returned to the Bronx and began to work in community organizing, according to her bio.
Trump tweeted that U.S. Representative Joe Crowley, whom Ocasio-Cortez beat by 15 percentage points, "should have been nicer, and more respectful, to his President!"
But Ocasio-Cortez said the label of democratic socialism did not represent her fully. In a tweet over the weekend, she wrote, With respect to the Senator, strong, clear advocacy for working class Americans isn't just for the Bronx. Sen. Respectful debate. No cutting her off.
Priest Slaps Baby Across The Face In The Middle Of Baptism
Another person said: "If that video would end with the father giving the priest a very strong bitch slap it would be ideal ". He then unleashes a sharp slap against the baby's cheek, shocking those sat in the church, who can be heard to gasp.
In the days following her victory, Ocasio-Cortez's upbringing in Yorktown Heights became a target for many critics, who said it ran contradictory to her claim of being "a girl from the Bronx", a phrase she used on Colbert's show.
"Much of her life was defined by the 40 minute commute between school and her family in the Bronx", her website reads.
That last one was so good it elicited a response from Ocasio-Cortez.
The candidate, whose platform included single-payer health care, a federal jobs guarantee and abolishing Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said she wasn't attempting to push her views on other Democrats.
Duckworth made the comments on CNN's "State of the Union" when pressed about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's upset win over longtime Democratic Rep. Joseph Crowley in NY last week.
- Former N.J. reporter describes 'war zone' at newsroom shooting
- Dems Want to Delay Supreme Court Nominee. Most Americans Don't
- Thousands of tourists stranded as Bali volcano eruption closes airport
- Bolton says US could dismantle North Korean arsenal "within a year"
- Under Trump, ICE is despised and divided
- Iran rejects plan to raise oil output within OPEC
- Trump Signed a Decree to End the Division of Migrant Families
- Maradona light years behind Messi, says Ramos
- Global shares rise, oil prices jump on OPEC news
- Amazon's Pharmacy Deal Threatens Retail Drugstores