The first lady's visit on Thursday to a Texas shelter housing migrant children was overshadowed by the jacket she wore with the words: "I really don't care, do u?" scrawled in white brush strokes on the back.
The Wildfang jacket reads "I really care, don't u?"
On Saturday evening, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Health and Human Services released a joint statement outlining its alleged plan to reunite 2,053 migrant children with their parents, from whom they were ripped away under the Trump administration's family-separation policy. Further, this also led to many coming up with their versions of "Melania jacket" thereafter.
Melania Trump was on her way to visit the detained children and families at the U.S. -Mexico border.
The first lady met with the facility's executive director, a case manager, a medical care coordinator and others as she began a tour of the facility.
Trump's version of the jacket was sold by the Spanish fashion chain Zara.
United States prepares for return of war dead remains from North Korea
They exchanged "serious views" on the present and "new" situation and Kim briefed Xi on his historic summit with Donald Trump . Bush and who is now senior vice president at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington think tank.
This is not the first time Melania is facing the ire of social media over her couture choice.
Sounds like a noble thing to do (despite the fact that it's done entirely for the Fox News audience), but even the fact that she was going to visit children removed from their parents wasn't reason enough to not be a piece of shit.
'Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!'
But President Trump issued a contradictory tweet hours later, claiming it was a dig at the media who have recently focused on his wife's absence from the public eye following kidney surgery, and the state of the Trumps marriage.
Melania Trump is visiting two Texas facilities housing some of the more than 2,300 migrant children sent by the USA government after their families entered the country illegally. By the time she had landed, she had taken off the jacket.
- How family separation at the border works
- US President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort sent to jail
- Donald Trump & Immigrant Child Featured On Time Magazine's Latest Cover
- US Stocks Open Higher on Bargain Hunting
- Trump Signed a Decree to End the Division of Migrant Families
- Global shares rise, oil prices jump on OPEC news
- Priest Slaps Baby Across The Face In The Middle Of Baptism
- North Korea's Kim meets China's Xi following Trump summit
- Portuguese broadcaster loses it over Ronaldo goal
- Coutinho scorcher not enough as Brazil held 1-1 by Swiss