"When you lose a match it is something we don't like but we recognise that Croatia had the better team tonight and my young players made some mistakes", said Rohr.
In the team's first training session since a disappointing 1-1 draw against Iceland, Sampaoli tried a different tactical approach on Monday (Tuesday, Manila time), with an eye toward the clash against Croatia on Thursday.
"We may have problems in the next games because the Nigerians are well-experienced, they know how to counterattack and they know how to score".
It was a clear sign of intent from a player who is dreaming of adding a World Cup winner's medal to his vast collection of honours with Manchester United, Real Madrid and Portugal. "I hope he can be better for next match against Croatia".
2,000 Families Separated After Being Caught Crossing Border Illegally
A leading House Republican says the chamber won't tackle immigration legislation unless President Donald Trump supports it. House Republican leaders plan to whip support for the compromise measure later Friday.
"Argentina will be a different and hard match and we have to be well prepared", Dalic said at the press conference, broadcast via FIFA TV on YouTube.
Argentina face Croatia on June 21, before taking on Nigeria five days later, on June 26. The first game against Croatia has been lost, but we're not out yet. "We are full of self-belief and ready to show some good football".
The only time these two sides have faced off at the World Cup was at France 1998, with Argentina winning 1-0 in the group stage, thanks to a goal from defender Mauricio Pineda. "Probably even in Superman, even in super players, they are humans, they have feelings and I think the penalty [miss] affected him".
"The circumstances around the missed penalty and that led to Leo's mistake, that's just another statistic, it's part of the past... football is like that". "There was some luck there, but we earned our luck". With what he said after the Iceland match and the fact he took the blame, you can expect a more engaged and eager club.
- Afghan forces kill 10 Taliban after truce takes effect
- Illinois Outbreak Of Salmonella Linked To Walmart
- Coutinho scorcher not enough as Brazil held 1-1 by Swiss
- Weather Authority: Muggy night, hot Dad's Day
- Amazon's "style assistant" camera now widely available
- Former Senate aide arrested for lying to the FBI
- Texas Border Patrol Chase Ends In Crash, Killing At Least 5 Immigrants
- North Korea's Kim meets China's Xi following Trump summit
- Sikh soldier wears turban in Queen's official birthday parade
- Reality star Farrah Abraham arrested at Beverly Hills hotel