Texas Department of Public Safety officials say four were pronounced dead at the scene midday Sunday.
Authorities are investigating the scene where a vehicle full of undocumented immigrants being chased by Border Patrol agents crashed.
"The Border Patrol was pursuing a vehicle and one of my deputies assisted in the pursuit, and took over the pursuit just west of Big Wells", Mr. Boyd told KSAT-12.
"We've seen this many, many times, in not only this county but other counties along the border", Boyd told CNN.
The pursuit took place in Big Wells, about 130 miles southwest of San Antonio. Authorities believe the driver and one passenger are United States citizens and the 12 other passengers were undocumented immigrants, Boyd said.
Griezmann is staying in Spain, that much is clear - Deschamps
Lemar is now in Russian Federation with the France national side, as they prepare to embark on their World Cup campaign. Listen to the latest episode of Soccer Republic Extra or subscribe on iTunes .
"The vehicle ran off the road and caught gravel and then tried to recorrect and then caused the vehicle to turn over several times", he said.
Sheriff Boyd said there needs to be a wall built around the area because it's a "real problem". The passenger in the front seat is reportedly in police custody.
Boy believes the driver was scouting the area to try and pick up immigrants.
The chase had reached speeds topping 100 miles per hour, the sheriff added. 12 immigrants were ejected and four died on scene.
Footage of the crash showed four bodies on the ground, the charred Chevrolet and several Border Patrol vehicles at the scene. Dimmit County is directly north of Webb County and east of Maverick County, which border Mexico. The sheriff told the San Antonio NBC affiliate that it was "good police work" that led to deputies being involved in the chase.
- FCC's net neutrality rules are officially repealed. Here's what that really means
- Trump says NKorea no longer a nuclear threat
- Former Senate aide arrested for lying to the FBI
- Sepp Blatter says Morocco 'logical' choice for 2026 World Cup
- Populist Doug Ford set to win Ontario polls, promises prosperity
- Coutinho scorcher not enough as Brazil held 1-1 by Swiss
- Despite US concessions, Trump’s Singapore summit played well with voters
- Sikh soldier wears turban in Queen's official birthday parade
- Warriors rumors: National Basketball Association writer suggests Kevin Durant should leave Golden State
- US President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort sent to jail