According to the CDC, at least 60 people have fallen ill in five states - six in IL, 11 in IN, 32 in MI, 10 in Missouri and one in Ohio.
The CDC said the pre-cut melon was supplied by Caito Foods in Indianapolis.
The departments are urging anyone who purchased pre-cut melon at either Walmart or Kroger to throw it away.
IDPH says as the investigation continues, additional grocery stores may be added as well. Those sickened often develop diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps 12 to 72 hours after eating the contaminated food.
Sofia Richie Moved out of Scott Disick's House Amid Cheating Scandal
Earlier reports claimed he had cheated on her with women in Miami and Wyoming following their recent island getaway to St. It seems Scott Disick's bad behavior may have cost him another relationship.
On Thursday, the CDC and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration informed The Kroger Co. that multiple illnesses have been reported in connection with the outbreak, and a third-party supplier is cooperating with the investigation.
Health officials say only pre-cut melons have been linked at this time and recommend consumers buy whole melons. Most often, however, people recover from a salmonella infection without medical attention. Several of those people have been hospitalized as a result.
People who ate those pre-cut melon products began falling ill with the salmonella adelaide strain of the bacteria in late April, and hospitalization spiked two weeks later, with patients ranging from an infant to a 97-year-old. Make sure to wash the melons before you start cutting. Marler Clark is the only law firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation.
Salmonella is a very common cause of food poisoning.
- Prosecutors interview Comey as they consider whether to charge McCabe
- Legal challenge against US, China: ‘Door to trade negotiations with US closed’
- What to Expect From Singapore Summit
- Celtic centre-back Dedryck Boyata makes World Cup squad
- I'm not done yet! - Durant display not his 'defining moment'
- Oxford drops to fifth in University world rankings
- Sikh soldier wears turban in Queen's official birthday parade
- French Open 2018: Rafa Nadal marches past Maximilian Marterer and into quarterfinals
- Entry of India, Pakistan strengthens security cooperation of SCO: Chinese official
- Tesla Shareholders Meeting Almost Saw Elon Musk Stripped of Chairman Title