In April, a Moscow court banned the popular free app following a long-running battle between authorities and Telegram, which has a reputation for securely encrypted communications.
Attention to the lack of upgrades grew after Telegram users complained that some of the app's features ceased working with the release of iOS 11.4 this week.
Telegram refused to provide Russian authorities with a way to read communications over its network as Moscow pushes to increase surveillance of internet activities. "We believe we did the only possible thing, preserving the right of our users to privacy in a troubled country", Telegram Pavel Durov said on his official Telegram Channel per Reuters. Still, even as the iOS App Store has seen its share of downloads worldwide shrink to 30% in 2017 from 54% in 2012, consumer spending on iOS apps has remained healthy. "Because Apple, like other transnational companies, is a company with a high degree of red tape, we expect the reply within a month", RKN's head Alexander Zharov said to Russian news agency Interfax.
What to Expect From Singapore Summit
But cut to the next day, he met a North Korean official at the White House and pointed out that the summit was back on track. Trump said he was canceling the summit because of North Korea's harsh comments about USA officials.
According to Durov, the problem began when Russian Federation ordered Apple to remove Telegram from the App Store.
The CEO of messaging app Telegram says the company has been unable to update its app since April - and he's blaming Apple for the holdup.
"As a result, we've also been unable to fully comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for our EU-users by the deadline of May 25, 2018". We are continuing our efforts to resolve the situation and will keep you updated. Apple is yet to comment on these serious allegations that raise questions over the iPhone maker's swift compliance with government requests even if some requests affect user privacy and security.
- Southern AZ Starbucks stores close as part of nationwide training
- First Alert Weather: The difference between Tropical and Subtropical Storms
- Smoking Causes More Than Seven Million Deaths
- Mattis warns China over South China Sea moves
- Amazon US Website Blocked In Australia
- Body found in Pataspco River days after Ellicott City flooding
- China reserves right to retaliate for U.S. investment curbs
- Oregon State Beavers earn No. 3 national seed for NCAA baseball tournament
- Neymar appears in good shape after first week with Brazil
- Joshua Holt, American jailed in Venezuela, has been released, says Sen. Hatch