Vincent Kompany raised concerns over his fitness by coming off early in the second half as Belgium and Portugal played out a draw in Brussels.
Without Ronaldo Portugal lacked any real attacking threat, Bernardo Silva had their best chance when he fired a shot wide from a tight angle but it's clear the team rely on the Real Madrid forward.
An injury scare for Belgium defender Vincent Kompany was one of the few incidents of note in Saturday's goalless draw against Portugal.
Federation Internationale de Football Association required all nations to confirm their squads for the tournament by Monday, 4 June, and former Everton manager Roberto Martinez has now made his final decision.
Kompany made his 77th appearance for Belgium against Portugal.
"He said he felt discomfort in his groin when he walked off the pitch".
Martinez - whose side are in England's group - said he can call up a replacement until 24 hours before the Panama game.
Oregon State Beavers earn No. 3 national seed for NCAA baseball tournament
Fellow senior Carley Hoover entered the game for the final out of the game following Florida State's late inning comeback attempt. He played in 11 games, which was one over the NCAA's limit of 30 percent of games played which would trigger a medical redshirt.
The defender was forced to miss Euro 2016 after picking up a thigh injury in the Champions League semifinal that May.
Belgium began with their strongest possible 11, apart from the injured Axel Witsel and Thomas Vermaelen, and a trial three-man defence.
Appearing in their first World Cup since 1990 The Pharaohs appear to have their superstar back, which is not only great news for Egypt but the entire World Cup.
"I can not be fully satisfied because of Vincent Kompany's injury but apart from that it was the test we needed", he said, adding that Vermaelen at least appeared to be returning to fitness.
Information from Reuters was used in this report.
- Oxford drops to fifth in University world rankings
- Merkel: EU should be more independent of IMF
- Bill Browder, Putin critic, tweets his arrest on "Russian" warrant
- Body found in Pataspco River days after Ellicott City flooding
- Neymar appears in good shape after first week with Brazil
- Legal challenge against US, China: ‘Door to trade negotiations with US closed’
- Joshua Holt, American jailed in Venezuela, has been released, says Sen. Hatch
- First Alert Weather: The difference between Tropical and Subtropical Storms
- Congressional leaders get briefings on Russian Federation probe
- Hannity Blasts Comey: 'Did You Have a Spy in the Clinton Campaign?'