On this year's performance, THE's Editorial Director of Global Rankings Phil Baty, said: "This new data from more than 10,000 leading scholars across the world demonstrates that the U.S. remains the global higher education superpower by a long, long way - it claims close to half of the world's top 100 university brand names".
University College London dropped to 18th spot, down from 16 previous year, while the Imperial College London dropped down to 20 from 18 in 2017.
"To be judged among the Top 100 most powerful university brands is a great source of pride for everyone at Hebrew University and for Israel as a whole", HU president Asher Cohen said.
THE's editorial director of global rankings Phil Baty said: "The UK has some of the most prestigious universities in the world, admired across the continents".
The latest QS World University Rankings placed Tsinghua University and Peking University in 25th and 38th places respectively.
The Controversy That Nobody Noticed From The 2016 NBA Finals
It may not happen every time down the court, but you know they'll be in each other's face more than once this series. The city of Cleveland had won its first major championship since 1964. "He has very, very quick hands", James said .
Despite the growth of universities across Asia, the new rankings show their reputations haven't risen with their growth.
THE described performance across the rest of the region as mixed: Notably, Australia loses some ground. While the University of Melbourne fell one place from 46 to joint 47, and the University of Sydney dropped from the 61-70 band to the 71-80 bracket, its third representative, Australian National University, held its position in the 61-70 band.
"There is no cause for alarm - continued investment built upon decades of spending, alongside increased internationalization in Chinese higher education will no doubt ensure China's universities continue to strengthen".
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore remains India's mainstay in the global university rankings.
THE World Reputation Rankings, the publication says, use the worlds largest invitation-only academic opinion survey. They were asked to name 15 universities that are the best for research and teaching, based on their own experience.
- Tropical Storm Warnings are up along Gulf Coast ahead of Alberto
- Congressional leaders get briefings on Russian Federation probe
- Southern AZ Starbucks stores close as part of nationwide training
- Amazon facial recognition software raises privacy concerns with the ACLU
- Ivanka Trump Slams Serena Williams Seeding Snub At Roland Garros
- Moon, Trump vow continued effort to ensure successful US-NK summit
- Dombrowski, Cora On Decision To Remove Hanley Ramirez From Roster
- Amazon US Website Blocked In Australia
- 'Solo' sputters in takeoff at box office with $83.3M
- Body found in Pataspco River days after Ellicott City flooding