Reports in Italy have suggested that De Laurentiis is prepared to pay Sarri for the remaining two years of his deal and prevent him from taking another job as a point of principle, though this could simply be a negotiating stance.
Speaking about being overlooked for global duty in the spring, he said: 'I felt like (my World Cup chances) had taken a knock, missing out on that squad, especially that last squad just before you meet up was kind of a big squad to miss out on. It's very hard and frustrating when you don't play regularly and I've been lucky enough to do that over the majority of my career.
The beginning of the end for Conte kicked in early in the season as he publicly criticised Chelsea's transfer policy and inability to compete with the other big clubs or sign the players he wanted. But if you're not out there on the pitch you can't influence anything - and I know I'm capable of influencing it when I'm playing. "If I'm totally honest that was all that was in my head".
Sarri is the overwhelming favourite to replace Conte at Chelsea.
Cemeteries Asking For Volunteers To Set Out Flags For Memorial Day
The soldiers also place about 14,000 flags at the Soldiers' and Airmen's Home National Cemetery in Washington, D.C. More than 250 flags will be raised, with a 21-gun salute and the playing of taps following the raising ceremony.
While Sarri has spent much of his managerial career in the lower reaches of Italian football, he has won many admirers for his progressive football since moving to Napoli in 2015.
"It's been hard but like I said, the only aim for us, for the manager, for the players, was to work collectively together and finish the season very well i.e. win the [FA] cup, and we managed to do that together". What will be this summer, will be.
"Now they know him all over Europe and I'm sure he can take his football and his philosophy anywhere".
"We started to collaborate together for two days in Rome and then with Ancelotti first in London, then in Canada".
- Amazon facial recognition software raises privacy concerns with the ACLU
- Real Madrid v Liverpool: Michael Owen’s Champions League final prediction
- Ivanka Trump Slams Serena Williams Seeding Snub At Roland Garros
- Amazon US Website Blocked In Australia
- R Kelly Facing Lawsuit Over STD And Sexual Assault Claims
- National Football League players, coaches grapple with new anthem policy
- Trump sounds upbeat about North Korea summit
- Body found in Pataspco River days after Ellicott City flooding
- Congressional leaders get briefings on Russian Federation probe
- Bill Browder, Putin critic, tweets his arrest on "Russian" warrant