Williams, a three-time French Open champion, is expected to play in her first major since giving birth to her daughter in September.
Apparently, 23 Grand Slam titles, celebrity status and a net worth north of $160 million still isn't enough to insulate her from the type of bias women often face when they return to work after having or adopting a baby.
Ivanka Trump is speaking in defense of Serena Williams. "No person should ever be penalized professionally for having a child!"
"This year again, tournament officials will establish the list and ranking of the women's seeds based on the WTA ranking", the French Tennis Federation announced in a statement to The Associated Press.
'It's wrong, they should protect players', Evert told Reuters.
NFL's Terrance Williams' Lamborghini Crash Pics and Video
During a post-arrest search, police found the keys to the Lamborghini in the front right pocket of Williams' shorts. "I'm hopeful. Rick Spielman, general manager of the Vikings, told ESPN that Wright and his agent said "there is no truth to the matter".
She took to Twitter Thursday to express her discontent with the Women's Tennis Association (WTA), demanding the organization to change its rules regarding maternity leave.
Williams and Sharapova could meet in the fourth round of the French Open thanks to Thursday's draw, though a matchup between three-time champion Williams and two-time champion Sharapova is far from guaranteed. 'So the people will decide what seed she will get. In January, she revealed just how hard her childbirth and adjustment to motherhood was, opening the door to public discussion that many believed was long overdue. Serena, who was ranked No. 1 before giving birth in 2017, is now ranked at No. 453. Entering the tournament without a seed means she will likely face a top player in the early rounds, forcing a possible quick exit.
Third seed Garbine Muguruza, who beat Williams in the 2016 final, starts against Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova, the 2009 champion in Paris.
"I would like to see that [rule] change", Sharapova said at the Italian Open last week, adding.
"She's someone who the tour was missing, because she's a great champion", Ostapenko said.
- Real Madrid v Liverpool: Michael Owen’s Champions League final prediction
- Modi to visit Russian Federation on May 21 for informal summit
- Moon, Trump vow continued effort to ensure successful US-NK summit
- President Trump's demand for investigation may lead to 'constitutional crisis'
- Nintendo Details Mario Tennis Aces' Adventure Mode in New English Clip
- FDA Approves First Nonopioid Treatment for Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- West Bengal panchayat elections: Repoll ordered in 568 booths
- Welcome to #PUBGMOBILE050. Miramar Map Season 2 Progress Missions Secret
- Andre Iguodala out for Warriors-Rockets Game 5
- YouTube Music: Google's new, free Spotify rival