The soldiers also place about 14,000 flags at the Soldiers' and Airmen's Home National Cemetery in Washington, D.C.
According to Arlington National Cemetery's website, within four hours, they place flags at more than 228,000 headstones and at more than 7,000 niche rows in the Columbarium Courts and the Niche Wall. Who does all that grueling, but important, work?
Scouts carried out the reading of "My Name is Old Glory" and the retirement of the U.S. Flag.
Organizers say when it first started they were only able to do about 200 graves.
How does Coffelt know so much about this practice?
Richie Incognito placed on involuntary psychiatric hold in Florida
Incognito was an All-Big 12 pick in 2003 but was kicked off the team by new head coach Bill Callahan in the fall of 2004. Sources also told TMZ that Incognito had been acting odd at the gym the previous day, but did not become violent.
Army Spc. Sheldon Coffelt was selected to join this elite team during basic training at Fort Benning, Ga. "Plus, a scouts attitude is to help people - do community projects".
Sheldon Coffelt received Scouting's highest honor on December 27, 2007, as a member of Troop 730 of Warsaw, Ind., part of the Anthony Wayne Area Council.
Boy Scout Troop 59 out of Shinnston held their fifth annual Flag Retirement Ceremony.
More than 250 flags will be raised, with a 21-gun salute and the playing of taps following the raising ceremony.
Flags will be distributed Saturday at Boston and Barwick cemeteries by Tom Coram, Thomas County Emergency Medical Service director, and his grandsons.
- World Bank denies reports that Nawaz Sharif laundered $4.9 billion to India
- Justice Dept, FBI launch probe into Cambridge Analytica
- Iran condemns US sanctions move
- President Trump's demand for investigation may lead to 'constitutional crisis'
- Moon, Trump vow continued effort to ensure successful US-NK summit
- R Kelly Facing Lawsuit Over STD And Sexual Assault Claims
- YouTube Music: Google's new, free Spotify rival
- Profit before tax at Marks and Spencer plummets 62.1%
- National Football League players, coaches grapple with new anthem policy
- Andre Iguodala out for Warriors-Rockets Game 5