Baron resigned from Interview in April after almost 10 years at the glossy publication. He was hired in 2009 to help relaunch the magazine and successfully added 200,000 subscribers.
But Baron now claims the company stiffed him on over $500,000 in invoices over the last three years.
Former associate publisher Jane Katz also claims Interview owes her unpaid wages to the tune of $230,000.
- Bradley Stern (@MuuMuse)Interview Magazine, originally created by Andy Warhol and British journalist John Wilcock, has reportedly folded.what a shame.
Brant Publications is owned by billionaire Peter Brant, who is a well-known art lover and Warhol fan.
Still, the initial Interview mission and aesthetic inspired many other publications and strands of pop culture, putting Warhol's Factory muses and the Studio 54 crowd into a publication reflective of the New York City art and club scene the rest of the world was dying to get a glimpse of. It was nicknamed "The Crystal Ball of Pop".
Senate Confirms Gina Haspel as First Woman to Lead the Central Intelligence Agency
Haspel, who will be the first woman to lead the CIA , is a 33-year veteran at the agency now serving as its acting director. Since Trump nominated Haspel, her confirmation has been clouded by debate over the CIA's former interrogation program.
Former editor Ingrid Sischy described the magazine as "dishy but serious".
In the case of Interview, it represents the end of an era and a sobering reminder of how once-mighty media institutions have fallen hard. "The beauty of doing interviews for this magazine is the joy of discovery".
Recent examples of this include Seth Rogen's conversation with rapper 21 Savage, Janet Mock's freewheeling interview with Kim Kardashian and a chat with the choreographer of Childish Gambin's This Is America. In November 2016, the long-time employee Deborah Blasucci filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against Peter Brant and his daughter Kelly Brant, the president of Interview, reported by Page Six in February.
In 1980, he sat down with Diana Ross in a NY restaurant. The early years had a decidedly queer aesthetic, with divas like Diana Ross, Cher, and Madonna on multiple issues, as well as cult favorites like Shelley Duvall, Liza Minnelli, Annie Lennox, and Grace Jones getting their due.
Interview had gone through several overhauls since its birth, with the most drastic shift happening after Warhol's death in 1987.
Interview also always stuck to its guns.
- Warm With a Chance for Rain This Week
- Welcome to #PUBGMOBILE050. Miramar Map Season 2 Progress Missions Secret
- Georgia Police Officer Suspended After Screaming Obscenity At Woman
- Britain condemns Iran attack on Israel
- Exit polls give BJP clear edge over Congress in Karnataka
- Sebastian Vettel's struggles continue with 4th place at Spanish GP
- Israel protested in London on 70th Nakba anniversary
- Justice Dept, FBI launch probe into Cambridge Analytica
- Rage 2 launches in Spring 2019, id Software and Avalanche Studios collaborating
- LeBron James Told the Raptors How to Run Plays During Game