Meanwhile, after close monitoring by the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), a FIR has been lodged under sections 304, 308 and 427 of the Indian penal Code (IPC) against the UP Bridge Corp and the executing agency constructing the flyover.
Rajnath takes stock of situation: Home Minister Rajnath Singh took stock of the situation in Uttar Pradesh's Varanasi district where at least 18 people were killed when an under-construction bridge collapsed this afternoon.
Images of the incident, which occurred in the city's Englishia Line road area, showed at least four cars completely crushed under the weight of concrete blocks, some with people still visibly trapped inside.
In the latest development in the terrible bridge collapse incident, which claimed 15 lives in Uttar Pradesh's Varanasi on Tuesday, the Forensic Team on Wednesday visited the spot and conducted the investigation regarding the same.
The reproduction of the story/photograph in any form will be liable for legal action.
United Kingdom apologises to Libyan dissident Belhaj over rendition
Mr Belhadj, who had said all along he was seeking an apology rather than money, did not receive a financial settlement. I believe this is such a case". "The UK government's actions contributed to your detention, rendition and suffering.
The locals who were present at the scene tried to remove debris and rescue the trapped people before NDRF and other rescue services arrived.
After the incident, the chief minister announced compensation of Rs 500,000 for the kin of those killed in the incident, and Rs 200,000 for those who had been injured.
Adityanath had formed a three-member committee to investigate the incident. I pray that the injured recover soon. The senior engineer has been asked to complete the probe by Wednesday and submit a report to the government.
Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and another minister Neelkanth Tiwari rushed to the site.
At around 5.30 pm on Tuesday evening when some interlocking work was underway on a part of the bridge, it collapsed. Relief works are now going on. "Seven teams of the NDRF, comprising 325 workers, have been deployed for the rescue mission", said a government spokesperson. "We had heard a few days ago from government officers that the Prime Minister wanted to inaugurate the two flyovers before October", Singh said.
- Modi to visit Russian Federation on May 21 for informal summit
- Sebastian Vettel's struggles continue with 4th place at Spanish GP
- Trump Faulted for Failing to Disclose Payment to Stormy Daniels
- Exit polls give BJP clear edge over Congress in Karnataka
- Knife attack in Paris leaves one dead, four injured, ISIS claims responsibility
- Georgia Police Officer Suspended After Screaming Obscenity At Woman
- Rage 2 launches in Spring 2019, id Software and Avalanche Studios collaborating
- Warm With a Chance for Rain This Week
- World Bank denies reports that Nawaz Sharif laundered $4.9 billion to India
- White House refuses comment about Sadler's McCain remark