Rudy Giuliani, who recently became the Republican president's new personal attorney, has said Trump reimbursed Cohen for the original, $130,000 payment, which was made shortly before Trump's victory in the November 8, 2016 presidential election.
The payment by Cohen to actress Stormy Daniels was made in the last weeks before the 2016 presidential election, as part of a non-disclosure agreement meant to ensure Daniels would not speak about the alleged affair publicly.
"We should have just definitively parted ways with this guy as soon as we knew he was not going to be a help", said Jimenez, who claimed Cohen told him he no longer worked for Trump at the time of the contract's signing. The president has vehemently denied any such relationship took place.
Trump's representatives said in the document that revealing the payments made to Cohen was not necessary by law, instead saying they were listing them "in the interest of transparency".
President Trump listens during a meeting with Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev in the Oval Office Wednesday.
Israel protested in London on 70th Nakba anniversary
The protests also took place at the contact points in different cities, including the northern entrance of Bethlehem and Ramallah. Meanwhile, Gaza government officials announced that Egypt will open its border with Gaza for four days starting Saturday.
Rudy Giuliani, who recently began providing legal representation for Trump, said in a Fox News interview earlier this month that Trump reimbursed Cohen.
He said he had not been reimbursed by Trump's company or Trump's campaign.
He reported $25.1 million in resort revenue in 2017 from his Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida, where the president spends many weekends during the winter months.
Ethics office sending letter to Rod Rosenstein stating that Michael Cohen's payment on behalf of Trump was a debt and may be relevant to "any inquiry" Rosenstein may be pursuing.
"We have the best properties in the world; they're doing extraordinarily well", Eric Trump said. "No campaign finance violation", Giuliani said, because those in charge of paying off Daniels "Funneled it through [Cohen's] law firm, and the President repaid [Cohen]".
Still, the disclosure provides the first extended look at the performance of Trump's Washington hotel, which opened in September 2016 and has become a magnet for lobbyists and Republican aides. "OGE has effectively reported the president to DOJ for potentially committing a crime".
- Maharashtra: Police deployed in violence-affected area of Aurangabad; Sec 144 imposed
- Snapchat rolls out redesigned app to 'majority' of iOS users
- Justice Dept, FBI launch probe into Cambridge Analytica
- Britain condemns Iran attack on Israel
- Georgia Police Officer Suspended After Screaming Obscenity At Woman
- Modi to visit Russian Federation on May 21 for informal summit
- FDA Approves First Nonopioid Treatment for Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- LeBron James Told the Raptors How to Run Plays During Game
- Varanasi flyover collapse: Death toll rises to 16
- Sebastian Vettel's struggles continue with 4th place at Spanish GP