The four injured in the attack were hospitalized.
Paris prosecutor Francois Molins opened a terror probe into the attack.
"Once back inside we heard sirens and 2 gun shots".
Authorities are treating the attack as terror related, primarily because witnesses described him shouting "Allahu akbar", a refrain commonly used by violent jihadists when carrying out attacks.
People remained trapped in restaurants and theaters as officers cordoned off streets and went door-to-door interviewing witnesses.
"One victim died, two are seriously injured and two are slightly injured", said the Paris police headquarters, adding that the attacker had been killed by the police.
Paris police have confirmed that the assailant has been killed.
The five biggest announcements at Microsoft Build 2018
There will be also be support for deeper SharePoint integration in Teams and the ability to view Power BI Visualizations in Excel. Moreover, Microsoft will also live stream the Day 1 and Day 2 speeches from the event at Channel 9 Website.
A state of emergency put in place just after the 2015 Paris attacks was lifted in October when Macron's centrist government passed a new law boosting the powers of security forces.
France has become a major target of frequent terrorist attacks in recent years.
The formula used was typical of Islamic State claims for attacks inspired by its propaganda, whether or not it had any direct link with the perpetrator. He said a young man tried to fend off the attacker who then fled. The knife attacker, not identified yet, was shot dead by police.
French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb praised the cool and quick response by French police who "neutralized" the assailant. My very first thoughts will be with the victims of this heinous act. French police have eliminated the attacker, when it was not found any documents.
There is no information about the attacker's identity and the motives behind his stabbing.
A French judicial official says the man behind a deadly knife attack in central Paris was born in Chechnya in 1997, and his parents have been detained. Shortly thereafter, the militant "Islamic State" (IS) group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Police in Paris have killed a man after he stabbed others in the French capital.
- Pakistan imposes restrictions on movement of United States diplomats
- Eurovision bans China from airing final after censoring gay kiss
- McIlroy keen to improve at 'fifth major'
- Did Childish Gambino just make the best video ever?
- George Zimmerman accused of criminal stalking in Florida
- Bellew Says He Begged Haye To Stop Fighting, Retire Now
- Indian banks win Rs10,000 cr lawsuit against Mallya in UK
- White House refuses comment about Sadler's McCain remark
- Volvo's Sensus infotainment system to get Google Assistant, Android apps and services
- Snapchat rolls out redesigned app to 'majority' of iOS users