Rainbow flags seen in the audience during Switzerland's performance were also blurred out.
It is 21 years since the United Kingdom last won the Eurovision Song Contest and nine years since the country finished inside the top 10.
The EBU made a statement on the matter, declaring the values of Eurovision are to be inclusive and non-discriminatory: 'On the 9th of May, Chinese broadcaster Mango TV broadcast the first Semi-Final of the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest live but two performances were censored, ' they began.
On Tuesday, May 8, China's Mango TV blurred a rainbow flag that appeared during Switzerland's performance and also chose to cut performances from Ireland and Albania. MangoTV could not be reached for comment.
China's Global instances, a state-owned Ireland, stated on Friday the two behaves - eire and Albania - dropped foul of Chinese censors because they featured an LGBT motif and tattoos.
Indian engineers abducted in Afghanistan by Taliban gunmen
We will remind that on 22 April in an explosion near a voter registration centre in Kabul , killing about 60 people. Abductions have been a serious issue in Afghanistan , with huge areas being wrecked by gangs or militant groups.
The EBU also anticipated problems with one of the grand final acts, Italy's Ermal Meta & Fabrizio Moro, which also features tattoos.
Andreas, a German Eurovision fan says: "There are so many people that come together, they are friendly, they love to have a party".
The official winner's trophy of the Eurovision Song Contest is a handmade piece of sandblasted glass in the shape of a microphone.
In addition to China and Australia, the first edition of that contest is expected to include Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Maldives, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea and Vanuatu.
Portugal is hosting the event for the first time after its entry, jazzy solo ballad "Amar pelos dois" ("Love for two") by Salvador Sobral, won the contest past year in Ukraine.
- McIlroy keen to improve at 'fifth major'
- FCC Releases The Day Net Neutrality Will Officially End
- Indian banks win Rs10,000 cr lawsuit against Mallya in UK
- Taylor Swift Visits Fans In Hospital
- United Kingdom apologises to Libyan dissident Belhaj over rendition
- YouTuber Earns Praise After Questioning Elon Musk During Tesla Earnings Call
- Donald Trump suggests revoking reporters' White House credentials
- Barcelona Continues Run at Unbeaten Season in El Clasico vs. Real Madrid
- Smart Compose: Google AI Can Write Your Emails Quickly
- Georgia Police Officer Suspended After Screaming Obscenity At Woman