Abductions have been a serious issue in Afghanistan, with huge areas being wrecked by gangs or militant groups.
India is in touch with Afghanistan authorities after seven Indian engineers working in the country were abducted on May 6, a spokesman for Indian External Affairs Ministry said, BBC reported.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
Foreign Minister Salahuddin Rabbani spoke to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj over telephone and assured her that security forces are trying to release the abducted Indians from grip of kidnappers and ensure their security, the official Bakhtar news agency said. The Indian engineers were working at a power plant in the Baghlan province in north Afghanistan, according to local media reports.
The kidnapping took place when the Indian engineers were travelling to a government-run power station, Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS), in Bagh-e-Shamal area.
Did Childish Gambino just make the best video ever?
Speaking to The Current's Anna Maria Tremonti, Bedour Alagraa and Ricky Jones debate the violence in Childish Gambino's new video. It defies easy readings - outright rejects them, in fact.
Habib Shah Ansari, head of the health department in Khost, a mountainous region on the border with Pakistan, said 17 were confirmed dead from the blast with 34 injured.
A bombing at a mosque in Afghanistan has killed more than 10 people and wounded more than 30. Neither had an exact figure for casualties.
We will remind that on 22 April in an explosion near a voter registration centre in Kabul, killing about 60 people.
Police spokesman Karim Yuresh says another civilian was wounded in Sunday's attack, in an area where the Taliban and an Islamic State affiliate are active.
Raziq added that two other attackers were later shot and killed by police forces during a gun battle in which one policeman was also wounded. The Taliban claimed the attack.
- Major League Baseball players pay tribute to Albert Pujols after his 3000th hit
- Stephen Colbert Defends Michelle Wolf, Tells Correspondents To "Grow A Pair"
- French Minister Pledges to Boost Security for Rallies After May Day Clashes
- IShares MSCI EAFE Small-Cap ETF (SCZ) Rises 0.24% for May 3
- Amazon Offers to Buy Stake in Flipkart
- Cambridge Analytica's key staff move to new company
- Trump claims knife crime turns London hospital into war zone
- Taylor Swift Visits Fans In Hospital
- Woman wins $1.7 million on $25 Kentucky Derby bet
- Klay Thompson drains four threes in Warriors' Game 1 win