In the backstretch, Smith let him relax a bit, but once he asked for Justify's best around the far turn, the horse responded like a freight train. Audible and Good Magic, who both raced in Louisville and finished in the money, are at 5-1 and 6-1 odds, respectively.
Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith, who was riding his second Derby victor and his first since winning with Giacomo in 2005, said his mount has "unbelievable talent".
"Right now I'm thinking just keep him healthy", he said.
Good Magic - last year's 2-year-old champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile victor - was the only horse to have a serious shot at Justify turning for home.
"When he got away clean, then I thought we had a chance", Baffert said.
Amazon Offers to Buy Stake in Flipkart
With India seen as the next bastion of growth for e-commerce Amazon and Walmart have been picking up their efforts in the country. The sources noted that Walmart will buy at least 55 percent of Flipkart in a deal that will value the company at $20-21 billion.
Justify brought Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith a second Derby victory. Of his 19 rivals in the Derby, it appears most will skip the second leg of the Triple Crown in favor of resting and being pointed toward other races.
"Amazing horse", Smith said.
But months before the race, one fearless bettor wagered $500 on Justify when he was still unraced, and it wasn't even a certainty that he would participate in the Derby. "Wow, I don't have the words to describe what makes this horse so special". Chad Brown, the trainer of Good Magic, said after the race that he would not take his horse to the Preakness. "For such a young horse, he is just so big and talented". Sitting beside him at the postrace news conference was the prime minister of the Caribbean island of St. Lucia, where Teo is attempting to develop a horse racing resort in a place where there are no thoroughbreds. The Belmont Stakes in Elmont, New York, is June 9 at Belmont Park.
The race was the wettest in the event's history as more than 2.8 inches of rain fell Saturday.
- Trump CIA nominee Gina Haspel reportedly offered to withdraw
- Penn State S Marcus Allen selected by Steelers in 2018 NFL Draft
- IShares MSCI EAFE Small-Cap ETF (SCZ) Rises 0.24% for May 3
- Klay Thompson drains four threes in Warriors' Game 1 win
- Brokerages Anticipate Shell Midstream Partners (SHLX) to Announce $0.19 EPS
- LeBron James set a record. "Cleveland" won
- Barcelona Continues Run at Unbeaten Season in El Clasico vs. Real Madrid
- Kentucky Derby Primer: Odds, the Favorite, Darkhorses, and a Winning Ticket
- Meghan Markle won't have a maid of honour for royal wedding
- Billion Hours Have Been Played On Xbox One's Backwards Compatability Feature