When users receive a Facebook or Instagram video from one of their contacts on WhatsApp, they will be able to watch the said video inside the app and won't need to move away from the conversation thread to go and watch the video in the separate apps. While Resy is the among the few businesses that are now accepting in-app payments from users on Instagram, it is expected that more businesses will be able to support in-app payments in the near future. WhatsApp had introduced the feature previous year in November, which enables iPhone users to watch YouTube videos right in the app. The photo-sharing app recently announced a couple of updates to its Stories feature on Android, including the ability to upload multiple photos and videos at the same time. "Stickers are also coming to WhatsApp soon".
WhatsApp has more than 1.2 billion users worldwide.
The feature is now be available in Canada, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Australia. We can expect users shopping more via Instagram, as this payments feature allows users shop without the need of leaving the app. After this, the video will start playing in chat itself. There is a chance that you might not be able to see, or use it, for a good few days.
Facebook bought the text messaging app from cofounders Koum for $19 billion in 2014.
In-app payment method has become an important feature for Facebook-owned properties. As of now, the feature has been launched in the beta mode.
Stephen Colbert Defends Michelle Wolf, Tells Correspondents To "Grow A Pair"
You may recall, from the "Lord of the Rings", a symbol adopted by the Dark Lord during the Second Age and the Third Age. Myers opened his bit with a reference to President Trump's tweet criticizing Wolf, whom he called " filthy ".
Today Instagram also rolled out a new feature.
According to certain sources, Facebook wanted businesses to have easier access to users' data which they could then use to target appropriate consumer base.
About the dating app, the social networking giant stated that they are committed to building long-term relationships and finding a partner for life. Microsoft Build is followed by Facebook's F8 Developer Conference. The native in-app payment feature combined with in-app purchases can, therefore, be more easily accessible and attractable for all the users.
Reportedly, with Koum's exit, Facebook is planning to aggressively promote ads on WhatsApp.
- Trump claims knife crime turns London hospital into war zone
- Amazon Offers to Buy Stake in Flipkart
- France's First Lady Brigitte Macron on Melania Trump
- French Minister Pledges to Boost Security for Rallies After May Day Clashes
- Major League Baseball players pay tribute to Albert Pujols after his 3000th hit
- Volvo's Sensus infotainment system to get Google Assistant, Android apps and services
- Trump CIA nominee Gina Haspel reportedly offered to withdraw
- Barcelona Continues Run at Unbeaten Season in El Clasico vs. Real Madrid
- Kentucky Derby Primer: Odds, the Favorite, Darkhorses, and a Winning Ticket
- Brokerages Anticipate Shell Midstream Partners (SHLX) to Announce $0.19 EPS