Lionel Messi gave Barca, who were recently crowned La Liga champions, a 2-1 lead in the 52nd minute after Cristiano Ronaldo's first-half strike cancelled out Luis Suarez's opener.
The Portugal forward, however, was replaced by Marco Asensio at halftime.
Speaking about Iniesta before the match, Zidane had given a glowing tribute: 'As I said in my press conference the other day, he is a player we all admirer.
The line on his injury from the club as the game played out was that the 33-year-old had "sprained" his ankle, but as reported by Goal, the situation and the severity of his injury is as yet unclear.
However, there was to be no more drama as Barcelona withstood Real's risky corner kicks deep into stoppage time to preserve the Catalans' unbeaten season after 35 rounds of La Liga matches, and 42 games overall.
"Our quest continues to finish the league without a loss", said Andres Iniesta, who played his 38th and final game against Madrid before he leaves the club after 16 seasons this summer.
Kentucky Derby Primer: Odds, the Favorite, Darkhorses, and a Winning Ticket
Monomoy Girl is the 2-1 favorite in the 1 1/8 mile race and will start from the outside post. Justify and Mendelssohn will be the post time favorites and deserve a closer look.
Ronaldo's right ankle was hurt when Gerard Pique stepped on it while unsuccessfully trying to stop him from scoring an equalizer in the 15th minute.
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - Rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid showed Sunday that they don't need titles at stake to produce a thrilling game of football.
"We will see how we are going to play", he continued.
"We had a good opportunity to win today, clearly, we had a lot of chances to score, especially in the first half".
Suarez felt he had been elbowed by Sergio Ramos, prompting the first round of scuffles, before Messi was booked for flying into the defender on the touchline. Marcelo fell down and the referee didn't hesitate in flashing the red card.
Messi looked poised to get another goal but Bale made it 2-2 by using one touch to curl Asensio's pass around Ter Stegen. We have many players to come in for those missing, and that is the most important thing. They´ve won the double and I respect that, and I congratulate them on that.
- Shane Lowry back in PGA Tour action at the Wells Fargo Championship
- Brokerages Anticipate Shell Midstream Partners (SHLX) to Announce $0.19 EPS
- Stephen Colbert Defends Michelle Wolf, Tells Correspondents To "Grow A Pair"
- Tiger makes late birdie to sit on Quail Hollow cutline
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' scores second best weekend 2 ever
- Penn State S Marcus Allen selected by Steelers in 2018 NFL Draft
- Justin Timberlake reveals he may have hooked up with a Spice Girl
- Trump tweet leads porn star Stormy Daniels to sue for defamation
- President Trump facing possible subpoena to appear before a grand jury
- Taylor Swift Visits Fans In Hospital