BC-BKN-Warriors-Curry Out, 1st Ld-Writethru, 330Warriors' Stephen Curry sitting out Game 1 against PelicansAP Photo OAS102, OAS101, OAS103, OAS104, OAS105Eds: Updates with details, fresh photo links. Kerr called it "very likely" the two-time MVP would play in Game 2 of the best-of-seven series Tuesday night at Oracle Arena. However, Curry is itching to play as soon as possible, and no one would really argue if he did suit up for Game 2, but logistically, it does seem to make more sense for him to sit out Game 2 if the team can keep playing at the level they exhibited in Game 1.
Meanwhile, the Golden State Warriors Klay Thompson led the team in scoring with 27 points on 10 of 22 shooting, Kevin Durant added 26 points with 13 rebounds while Draymond Green racked up a triple-double of 16 points with 15 rebounds, 11 assists, three steals and two blocks.
The Golden State Warriors look locked in right now.
"He just said he feels great and he's ready to go", Kerr said. It's a much better answer than 'my knee still hurts'. "We're not that type of team".
"When you've been out five weeks and you want to play in the playoffs", Kerr said, "I don't think one scrimmage is enough".
Justin Timberlake reveals he may have hooked up with a Spice Girl
On Monday Ellen presented the group with their long-anticipated star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame . Bass, now 38, revealed in a 2006 People magazine cover story that he's gay.
Stephen Curry is on the brink of returning to the court. As a team, the Pelicans shot just 43 percent from the field and eight of 25 from the three-point line but there was just no coming back as they trailed by as many as 30 points late in the third quarter.
The Warriors are in wait-and-see mode on that.
It seems the prudent play would be to put Curry on a minutes restriction for Game 2 - whether those minutes come with first or second units doesn't matter - and let him acclimatize to the pace and physicality of the playoffs, then unleash him Friday in Game 3 in New Orleans. "If there's a minutes restriction, maybe we would consider bringing him off the bench for timing purposes, but at this point it's hard to say".
Stopping Jrue Holiday this series and forcing Anthony Davis to beat them will be a big part of the Warriors' gameplan going forward in this series.
- China says won't force India to accept Belt and Road initiative
- 'CARAVAN' CROSSING? Migrant Group ARRIVES at US Border
- Make peace or shut up, Saudi prince to Palestinians
- Trump tweet leads porn star Stormy Daniels to sue for defamation
- Trump to meet Queen Elizabeth II in July visit
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Trailer Expands on the Tic Tac Mythology
- Penn State S Marcus Allen selected by Steelers in 2018 NFL Draft
- Brokerages Anticipate Shell Midstream Partners (SHLX) to Announce $0.19 EPS
- President Trump facing possible subpoena to appear before a grand jury
- EnLink Midstream Partners (NYSE:ENLK) Lifted to "Overweight" at JPMorgan Chase