"I am thrilled Fearless Girl will remain in NY, inspiring global collaboration between genders for better decisions, and an improved environment at every strata of society", said Kristen Visbal, Fearless Girl sculptor.
The "Charging Bull" statue, installed in December 1989, symbolizes "the strength and power of the American people" - and Italian-American sculptor Arturo Di Modica said that placing the "Fearless Girl" there changed the meaning of the artwork.
The bronze statue has captured the hearts of New Yorkers and tourists. The sculpture was constructed to create "greater gender diversity on corporate boards", according to State Street Global Advisors, the firm that commissioned "Fearless Girl".
"She is a powerful symbol of the need for change at the highest levels of corporate America-and she will become a durable part of our city's civic life", de Blasio said.
De Blasio's office also said that city officials are "looking at a similar move" to the area near the NYSE for the "Charging Bull" statue.
The new home is long-term and will help alleviate pedestrian concerns.
USA Gymnastics settles lawsuit that triggered report of rampant sexual abuse
Nassar is now serving three life sentences for molesting dozens of his former patients and possessing child pornography. Kaylee and her mom met with Enlger on March 28th she says to put a face to the almost 300 Larry Nassar survivors.
There is another statue over by the NYSE that "Fearless Girl" will have to compete with: George Washington, who stands outside the Federal Hall National Memorial looking down Broad Street.
To protest, one artist places his own "Pissing Pug" sculpture of a urinating dog by the "Fearless Girl" statue's feet.
"We think it's ideal that she's going to stay ... at the heart of that financial district", Heinel added.
She added that she finds the new location "exciting", but that she believes the statue's message has extended beyond finance.
"We're grateful to State Street for their partnership in keeping the Fearless Girl here in NYC". She hopes that by remaining in the public eye, "Fearless Girl" will "continue to inspire the global community regarding gender collaboration in every aspect of life".
A spokesman for Mayor de Blasio said the girl and the bull may be reunited soon. Last year, SSGA was forced to take more than symbolic action, paying $5 million to settle allegations of underpaying both female and minority employees.
- Mayfield returns to Sports Illustrated cover ahead of NFL Draft
- 'Glee' Star Kevin McHale Comes Out By The Power Of Ariana Grande
- WoodTrust Financial Corp Acquires Shares of 47409 Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- God of War Photo Mode Preview Shows Extensive Features
- Judge rules Bill Cosby's Quaaludes admission is fair game, again
- Trump's ex-campaign chief Manafort to seek dismissal of charges
- Syracuse Suspends Fraternity Over 'Extremely Racist, Anti-Semitic, Homophobic' Video
- Turkey: Why Erdogan Called Snap Elections
- International Monetary Fund significantly improves Slovenia's GDP growth forecast to 4.0% in 2018
- Angels hopeful Ohtani makes next start despite blister, will continue to hit