We're getting closer to voting time on American Idol, but before we get there, the top 24 need to compete for one of the coveted top spots. The latest in a string of what will surely become one of the more humorous American Idol moments involves Katy's parents, Mary Christine and Maurice Keith Hudson, who appeared on Sunday night's episode and offered their wisdom about Katy as a musician and judge on the show. He sang the 1983 Rufus with Chaka Khan song "Ain't Nobody" and Katy Perry was feeling it. "You've made me a believer" said Katy.
Following Layla is Dominique and Aloe Blacc singing "Wake Me Up When It's All Over", and he did a great job. It was a very strong start to the evening of duets, with Turner and Grammer working together to put on an entertaining show.
Young country singer Layla Spring was partnered with country music duo Sugarland.
The somewhat awkward conversation left Perry cringing in her seat for several moments before she finally added her own two cents.
American Idol spoilers indicate that the Top 14 group of singers who make it to the 2018 reboot season live shows is jam-packed with talent. By the way, the song choice was Catie's dad's idea.
President expects North Korea meeting in May or June
Delury said that the USA should want Kim to feel confident going into these talks, rather than feeling cornered. The forthcoming summit "will be very exciting for the world", Trump said.
Michelle Sussett and Luis Fonsi - you know, the "Despacito" guy - duetted on Bonnie Raitt's ballad "I Can't Make You Love Me". Richie said. "You're rising to the occasion". Bryan said he wanted to polish him on his stage work, but also added that he has shown that he is learning a lot week-to-week. Perry told Lorenzo that he can not give lackluster performances at this point in the show.
Dennis Lorenzo and blue-eyed soul singer Allen Stone teamed up to sing Stone's "Unaware", the song with which Dennis originally auditioned.
Monahan returned to sing a duet of "Angel in Blue Jeans" with Michael J. Woodard, whose gorgeous, delicate tone was on full display. "I don't think we've seen anyone tonight nail it from top to bottom like that", noted Luke.
Gabby Barret sang "My Church" by Maren Morris for her solo and "Stay" with Sugarland for her duet.
Kay Kay came through with what Lionel Richie referred to as "poise" as she delivered Rihanna's "Love On The Brain".
- First Person Sentenced In Robert Mueller's Russia Investigation
- American Airlines orders 47 Boeing 787 Dreamliners
- Thousands of New Ford F-150 Trucks Could Roll Even When Parked
- North Korea will discuss denuclearization, United States official says
- IAF begins process to procure 110 fighter jets worth Rs 973.8 billion
- Sunny afternoon, a few showers tomorrow morning
- Hungary's preliminary election results delayed until about 2100 GMT
- Russo brothers ask for fans not to spoil Avengers: Infinity War
- Trump tweets condolences in Marine chopper crash
- Conor McGregor Responds to UFC Stripping Him of Lightweight Title