Kevin Love received an inadvertent elbow to the face that forced him out of the Cleveland Cavaliers' 98-79 loss to the Miami Heat on Tuesday. That wasn't a coincidence. They led by as many as 15 points in the first half, and were clinging to a two-point lead going into the fourth quarter.
After taking an elbow to the face against the Miami Heat, Love headed to the locker room with one of his front teeth noticeably out of place.
Dwyane Wade blocked a pair of shots by old friend and former teammate James as part of a dominant defensive performance from the home team.
Love was elbowed in the opening minute of the Cavs game against the Miami Heat, being cleared to return, but lasting only seven minutes on the court, soon after being pulled out due to concussion symptoms. And when we had our looks, we had some really good looks, we just couldn't knock them down. He returned in the first half but sat out the second with concussion-like symptoms.
It was the 865th consecutive regular-season game in which James scored at least 10 points, putting him one shy of tying Michael Jordan for the longest such streak in National Basketball Association history. "We haven't had an offensive game like that in a while, and not having Kev out there to kind of stretch the floor for us, that definitely hurt us".
Orange County Joins Lawsuit Against California for Sanctuary Laws
People opposing "sanctuary state" attend the Orange County Board of Supervisors meeting in Santa Ana on March 27, 2018. Thirty percent of its residents are immigrants, mostly from Latin America and Asia, according to the US Census Bureau.
The Cavs literally just got Love back from a broken finger a few games ago, and they need him and his production as they attempt to bounce back from a horrendous first two-thirds of the season. "I believe it was his tooth", Drew said.
According to McMenamin, Love will be re-evaluated on Wednesday morning. This is because the big man has been placed in the league's concussion protocol.
But Cleveland's 79 points were a season-low and they endured their 14th straight defeat at Miami's AmericanAirlines Arena.
For a team that has dealt with a number of devastating injuries already this season, losing Love again would sting.
- President's attorney floated idea of Flynn, Manafort pardon
- Declan Donnelly and Wife, Ali Astall, Are Expecting Their First Child
- Mohamed Salah Continues Scoring Run With Nice Goal v Portugal
- Dropbox surges 44% in trading debut
- World stocks rally as trade war fears recede
- Michigan Basketball: 3 takeaways from Wolverines run to Final Four
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic takes 95% pay cut to join Los Angeles Galaxy
- Kidd, Nash, Hill, Cheeks make Hall of Fame
- Ball-tampering: Steve Smith, David Warner get 12-month bans
- Pennsylvania school district supplies teachers with rocks in event of school shooter