It's also the fifth highest grossing film of all time in North America, and the twelfth globally having already grossed more than $1.2 billion.
NOW THAT "Black Panther" has passed the domestic gross of the first "Avengers" movie (without adjusting for inflation), the question on the horizon becomes: Can the next "Avengers" movie beat it?
According to a Deadline report, the superhero smash has secured over $1.2 million in global sales since coming out last month.
Jets rescind offer for free agent DT Ndamukong Suh
Johnson himself described Suh as "one of the best football players out there", but he evidently didn't want him on his team. The Jets are looking to replace defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson , who was released because of cap and production concerns.
"Black Panther" earned the distinction Saturday after passing up fellow Marvel film "he Avengers", which grossed $623.4 million in 2012.
In the United States, this past weekend was the first since Black Panther was released that it was not the No. 1 film.
The top-Tweeted box office hits of 2018 so far remain #BlackPanther, Star Wars: #TheLastJedi and Avengers: #InfinityWar, in that order. This has propelled "Black Panther" to become the world's third-biggest superhero movie ever, surpassing "Iron Man 3 ($1.214 billion) to claim the spot".
The film stars Chadwick Boseman, Kenyan sensation Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan and Letitia Wright and is directed by Ryan Coogler, the first African-American to direct a Marvel movie. Especially since the film will still be in theaters once Avengers: Infinity War releases on April 27. "Black Panther" is now on pace to surpass "Titanic" as the third-largest domestic release by the end of its US run. Nevertheless, China is still Black Panther's top earner in respect to the film's worldwide box office.
- Avengers: Infinity War surges past Black Panther's advance ticket sales
- Dropbox surges 44% in trading debut
- Afghanistan beat Ireland to qualify for World Cup 2019
- Trump in Tweet Defends Congratulatory Call to Putin on Election
- Fortnite Twitch streamer Ninja is making $500000 a month
- Are You Ready For More Football? AAF Football League Coming In 2019
- Bombing ahead of Egypt vote kills two policemen in Alexandria
- Explosion at Goodwill store in Austin, 1 person injured
- Fatal Uber crash 'highlights challenges of autonomous cars alongside human drivers'
- Trump plans to hit China with $60 bn in annual tariffs