However, Antonio Conte's men booked their place in the FA Cup semi-finals on Sunday with a 2-1 extra-time win over Leicester, with Morata having opened the scoring at the King Power Stadium before Pedro headed home the victor in the 105th minute.
Marcos Alonso spoke of his team-mates displeasure at being left out of his national squad for the matches against Germany and Argentina.
The Blues have endured a hard campaign, having seen their Premier League title defence fade away some time ago while their UEFA Champions League adventure ended at the last-16 following defeat to Barcelona last week.
"Alvaro wasn't happy", he admitted, "he has had a couple of hard months with a back problem, but he is 100 percent fit now and he scored the other day".
"He is now 100 percent and the other day he scored".
HBO's John Oliver Taunts Mike Pence Over The VP's Pet Rabbit
Now, for those familiar with Pence, this isn't new information. "Sometimes you can't deny that there's one thing you like about someone".
"Alvaro wasn't happy", Alonso told a news conference.
He also looked ahead to the last two friendly matches before Lopetegui names his squad for the World Cup finals.
"I am very focused on the two friendlies we have now and I want to adapt quickly to my teammates and the team, which is not going to be a problem".
"It's an opportunity for us to go to the final and help us fight until the end for the top four".
"I also received many messages". The coach knows me from my time with Madrid and I am sure he follows the performances of all Spanish players overseas. "He has to show these months the player he is inside".
The Spanish striker had been struggling to produce consistent form in the Premier League for the west London side since the turn of the year due to form and fitness issues.
- Indian Wells: Venus Williams, Halep suffer shock semi-final losses
- Apple Secretly Designing Own MicroLED Displays For Future Devices
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Kirk Cousins deal has a no-trade, no-transition tag clause
- Avengers: Infinity War surges past Black Panther's advance ticket sales
- Tiger in the mix as Stenson leads Bay Hill
- Amber Alert issued for 2 Chicago area children
- At least 15 dead as migrant boat sinks off Greek island
- Fortnite Twitch streamer Ninja is making $500000 a month
- NKorea says its diplomatic moves are not a sign of weakness