Tehreek-e-Hurriyat, headed by 87-year-old Syed Ali Geelani, on Monday announced that Muhammad Ashraf Sehrai (78) is the new chairman of the separatist amalgam, clearing the decks for a "smooth transition" of leadership.
Geelani, however, would continue the chairman of the faction of Hurriyat Conference.
In a statement issued for press, Tehreek-e-Hurriyat spokesman said that Syed Ali Geelani while addressing the members of Shoora, said that you are aware of the prevailing situation of the valley and hard times all pro-freedom camp is facing especially Tehreekl-e-Hurriyat. "So today I willfully step-down from the chairmanship and advise the Shoora to arrange an alternative at the earliest", he said.
New York Giants Get Good News In Race For Saquon Barkley
Hyde is getting starters' money, as is Jerick McKinnon, who agreed to a four-year, $30 million deal with the 49ers. In 50 games over four seasons with the 49ers, Hyde rushed for 2,729 yards and 21 touchdowns on 655 carries.
TeH, virtually a breakaway wing of the duo's parent organization Jamaat-e-Islamic, is the dominant constituent of the Hurriyat Conference faction led by octogenarian leader (Geelani). Sehrai, who was the secretary general of TeH, will remain as interim chairman till the party elections will be held later this year. "I extend my fullest cooperation and honest wishes to the would-be leadership of the organization", Geelani, as per the TeH statement said. He has also been in the view of the National Investigative Agency's probe into terror financing cases in Kashmir. Geelani held the position for 18 years.
Geelani's two sons Nayeem and Naseem Khan were recently called by NIA regarding the Kashmir terror funding. The Geelani-led Hurriyat comprises at least 24 smaller parties. Shooba-i-Talaba was renamed as Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba (IJT) later on and the current framework of IJT has been designed by Sehraie himself in 2001.
- United's European exit 'nothing new' for Mourinho
- Kirk Cousins deal has a no-trade, no-transition tag clause
- Killed, Several Injured In Lahore Blast; Police Suspected To Be Target
- Pochettino makes personal phone call to player, Tottenham 'favourites' to complete signing
- Theranos Founder Settles Federal Fraud Charges
- Apple Secretly Designing Own MicroLED Displays For Future Devices
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Oil steadies as equities gain, but concern builds over supply
- Trump seeking to slap steep tariff on Chinese imports says report
- Fatal Uber crash 'highlights challenges of autonomous cars alongside human drivers'