Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's apology to a SAD leader for accusing him of drugs trade pushed the party's Punjab unit into a crisis as the state leadership contemplated breaking away and forming a separate unit, saying the "meek surrender" was painful and very unfortunate.
"Arvind Kejriwal has deceived Punjabis by tendering an apology to Majithia. I will not retract from my stated stand".
The AAP's central leadership has called the party's Punjab leaders, including MLAs, for a meeting with its national convener Arvind Kejriwal in Delhi tomorrow, after a majority of its MLAs in the state yesterday discussed the option of splitting and forming a separate unit.
"I will not comment on this".
A criminal defamation suit was filed by Majithia against AAP leaders Kejriwal, Khetan and Sanjay Singh on 20 May 2016.
New York Giants Get Good News In Race For Saquon Barkley
Hyde is getting starters' money, as is Jerick McKinnon, who agreed to a four-year, $30 million deal with the 49ers. In 50 games over four seasons with the 49ers, Hyde rushed for 2,729 yards and 21 touchdowns on 655 carries.
The 45-year-old also accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of "subverting democracy" and "undermining parliamentary procedures". It was the same court where Majithia filed a defamation case against the Delhi CM for levelling drug trade involvement allegations against the former Punjab minister. Leader of Opposition in Punjab Assembly and senior AAP leader Sukhpal Singh Khaira said he was appalled by the apology. "I reiterate what I had said about Majithia earlier, and I am not going to retract it", the AAP leader told The Times of India.
He claimed that Kejriwal's apology only established the fact that the Aam Aadmi Party and the Shiromani Akali Dal had a secret understanding to divide the anti-incumbency votes against the Akalis. We in Punjab have not been taken into the loop.
Meanwhile, the Aam Aadmi Party's alliance partner in Punjab withdrew its support for the party on Friday. With what face will they speak against drugs in Punjab now?
AAP MLAs were also of the opinion that Kejriwal should not have tendered an apology when he himself led the charge against Majithia on drug issue during the 2017 Punjab Assembly polls.
Attacking the Chief Minister on the issue, Mr Sirsa posted posters bearing Mr Kejriwal's photo across the city.
- Poroshenko: I agree with Britain's standpoint concerning Skripal's case
- Haley Warns US May Unleash Massive New Airstrikes in Syria
- Killed, Several Injured In Lahore Blast; Police Suspected To Be Target
- United's European exit 'nothing new' for Mourinho
- Manchester United crash out of Champions League
- Trump Inspects Designs For Border Wall In San Diego
- Hillary Clinton takes her 'deplorables' argument for another spin
- Kirk Cousins deal has a no-trade, no-transition tag clause
- Arizona Cardinals to sign quarterback Sam Bradford
- Joy Behar Apologizes on 'The View' for Attacking Mike Pence's Christian Faith