The Argentine boss added: "It's tough for him because he still doesn't feel in the way he needs to feel".
Alli, who scored 22 goals in all competitions for Tottenham last season, has 10 this time, including two in the 3-1 Champions League win over Real Madrid last November. "He was positive after the game", Pochettino told a media conference. How does he measure up, for example, to Manchester City's Leroy Sané, who turned 22 in January?
With Spurs set to move into their stunning new White Hart Lane stadium next season, Pochettino will be determined to bolster his squad with exciting new talents to see in the new era.
As well as missing this weekend's FA Cup quarter-final trip to Swansea City, and potentially the semi-finals in five weeks' time should Spurs progress, Kane is expected to sit out at least four Premier League fixtures.
DoJ proposes banning bump stocks, like those Vegas shooter had
The proposal still needs to be approved by the White House Office of Management and Budget, according to the Associated Press. But the step is tangible evidence that the department is working toward regulating the devices.
"If we are not happy with him, that is what is important for him, and we never criticise him".
"Now I need to be right, picking what is going to be the best for every single game when Harry is out".
"I promise I am one of the most critical people with my players, but it is hard to criticise him".
Kane, who jointly leads the league scoring charts with Liverpool's Mohamed Salah, injured ankle ligaments during last Sunday's 4-1 victory over Bournemouth but Pochettino is confident the forward will return before the end of the season. I think he put his leg in a washing machine to try to score. Maybe another player says, 'I'm not going to take that risk.' But he's a warrior. Of course we are going to miss Harry because it is obvious he is one of the best. But we are calm and relaxed because we have enough quality to win games.
- Rhode Island beats Saint Joseph's by 3, 90-87 - Recap, Box score
- Theranos Founder Settles Federal Fraud Charges
- Harvey Schwartz quits Goldman Sachs
- Gas prices fall in Louisiana
- Killed, Several Injured In Lahore Blast; Police Suspected To Be Target
- Haley Warns US May Unleash Massive New Airstrikes in Syria
- Tom Brady Believed Patriots Beating Jaguars Without Gronk Was 'A (Expletive) Miracle'
- Trump seeking to slap steep tariff on Chinese imports says report
- Jamie Carragher suspended from Sky Sports duties after spitting incident
- What to expect from the 'American Idol' premiere