A woman, who was not identified by North Port police, was exiting her driveway when Ludwick attempted to kidnap her. He apparently became kind of infatuated with her.
Wednesdays incident took place along the 4300 block of Wesley Lane, police said.
Cops in Florida reached out to those in charge of the almost 13-year-old Holloway case about Ludwick's death.
The woman fought back, police said, and in the ensuing struggle Ludwick suffered a stab wound.
"We're pretty confident he had some ill intentions here to do at least a kidnapping", said Josh Taylor, Public Information Officer for North Port.
Gas prices fall in Louisiana
Today, those prices have pushed over the $3 mark and are expected to push nearer to $4 as the summer driving season approaches. Gas prices has gone up 22.1 cents since a year ago and is down 4.6 cents since last month.
Holloway, who lived in suburban Birmingham, Alabama, was 18 when last seen during a high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island with friends.
"He then fled the area on foot", police said in a statement. Ludwick claimed that he witnessed van der Sloot crush Holloway's remains and burn her skull.
Van der Sloot is now in prison, serving a 28-year sentence for the murder of a 21-year-old Peruvian business student who was found dead in Lima. Her disappearance sparked years of news coverage. He played an audio recording in which Ludwick said she called him, complaining that the other man had been beating her and Ludwick was considering killing him for abusing her. It also caused her unnecessary suffering, she said. The network, according to the complaint, "preyed and capitalized on Beth's desperate need and desire to find her daughter" by falsely claiming to have found the teen's remains and persuading Holloway to provide DNA samples for testing. On Dec. 30, 2017, Madrigal posted a YouTube video, "The cover up of the documentary Natalee Holloway", that includes recordings of a conversation in which Madrigal admits to providing fake bone fragments for the documentary and continues a claim that he helped van der Sloot dispose of Holloway's body in the ocean. Ludwick told Grace that he met Van der Sloot on Aruba in 2010 and hung out with him nearly every day for a few months. He added that he was from Alexandria, Virginia.
"From every ounce of evidence we have so far, she was a victim in this case", he told the news stataion.
- What to expect from the 'American Idol' premiere
- Killed, Several Injured In Lahore Blast; Police Suspected To Be Target
- New York Giants Get Good News In Race For Saquon Barkley
- Villanova earns top seed in NCAA Tournament East Region
- Oil steadies as equities gain, but concern builds over supply
- Trump seeking to slap steep tariff on Chinese imports says report
- Tom Brady Believed Patriots Beating Jaguars Without Gronk Was 'A (Expletive) Miracle'
- Rhode Island beats Saint Joseph's by 3, 90-87 - Recap, Box score
- Pochettino makes personal phone call to player, Tottenham 'favourites' to complete signing
- Manchester United crash out of Champions League