"We coud not imagine a better home or future for the service".
While the other two tech giants rely heavily on artificial intelligence to monitor the spread of fabricated or hoax news stories on their platforms, Apple relies on a small USA editorial team to curate the contents of its news app that comes pre-loaded on Apple's smartphones.
The service provides unlimited digital access to more than 200 magazines for a monthly fee.
There is no word on what Apple intends to do with the purchase.
It'll also offer another revenue boost to Apple's increasingly profitable services division, alongside Apple Music. In Cue's statement, it's clear Apple cares about quality journalism from "trusted sources", so it looks like the company will be making a push in the fake news arguments that rose during the 2016 Presidential election.
Markle in first royal engagement with Queen
Giving autographs is banned by the Royal Family's security staff due to the risk of the signature being forged. The move, while subtle, suggested that Markle is taking her newfound duties as a royal-in-training in stride.
Additionally, Cue discussed Apple's AR initiatives, noting that "we think AR is a very mainstream product and something you're going to use all the time, every day".
It's no secret Apple isn't short on funds.
With more than $280 billion in cash on reserve, Apple has been eyed as a potential suitor for Netflix - which is worth about $140 billion.
They had better be thinking bigger if they'd like to complete with market giants Amazon, Netflix and Stan however. Cue evoked the name of Apple's late founder, Steve Jobs, who learned through Pixar how to tweak a story until it was great enough to be a hit on release.
Are you ok with tech firms owning media companies?
For now, Apple will remain focused on distributing other companies' TV apps and content, such as ESPN and other sports channels, he said. He said that Apple believes the technology will be huge and eventually turn into an everyday product for many.
- 'Crunch is looming' for oil supplies
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to get Oreo update this month
- US Secretary Of State, Tillerson Cancels Visit To Nigeria?
- Tom Brady Believed Patriots Beating Jaguars Without Gronk Was 'A (Expletive) Miracle'
- Chelsea add Fulham boss Jokanovic as Enrique alternative
- Jamie Carragher suspended from Sky Sports duties after spitting incident
- Two Large Tesla Shareholders Support Musk's $2.6B Award
- Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns for QB DeShone Kizer
- Voicemail-like video messages are coming to Duo
- Euthanasia and beyond: on the Supreme Court's verdict