"The goal of this memorandum is to provide initial guidance for the planning and execution of a military-themed Veteran's Day Parade in Washington, D.C. on November 11, 2018", the office of Defense Secretary James Mattis wrote in a memo published Friday.
Trump made a request for the parade after he attended the Bastille Day military parade in Paris in 2017, reported Reuters.
"I think confidence is silent and insecurity is loud", The Hill quoted Senator John Kennedy, a Louisiana Republican, as saying.
Military parades in the United States are generally rare.
Geneva Motor Show 2018: Next-gen Toyota Auris breaks cover
More than 40 per cent of Toyota's European sales were hybrids past year , dominated by the C-HR's 80 per cent hybrid mix. Beyond skin deep, Toyota chose to ditch diesel and opt for two hybrid versions instead.
Instead, plans are underway to hold a plane-filled display on Veterans Day in Washington, according to a Pentagon memo sent to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Officials said they are anxious about the possible damage that non-wheeled vehicles could infict upon Washington streets.
Other guidance show the parade will be integrated with the annual Veterans Day parade in Washington, D.C. and follow a route from the White House to the U.S. Capitol.
The cost of the parade, however, remains unclear.
Northern Command, which oversees USA troops in North America, will execute the parade.
While the Pentagon memo did not include a cost estimate, the White House budget director recently told Congress taxpayers can expect to fork over $10 million and $30 million. It comes after Trump's national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, gave the president's instructions for the parade to the Pentagon last month.
It is pertinent to mention that Department of State is planning to invite heads of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allied member states to watch the parade along with President Trump. In addition to military equipment, the parade will include pageantry, with veterans dressed in period uniforms.
- Normalcy returns to Kashmir Valley after protests, shutdown over Shopian firing
- Jennifer Garner gave us the ideal meme at the Oscars
- Chelsea add Fulham boss Jokanovic as Enrique alternative
- Rand Paul's neighbor pleads guilty to attacking Kentucky senator
- Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns for QB DeShone Kizer
- House and Senate pass own versions of budget bill
- SFIO summons banking leaders
- South African Triathlete Attacked with Chainsaw Tried Hacking His Legs Off
- Watch What's Being Called OJ Simpson's "Lost Confession"
- Newly-elected MLAs of Meghalaya take oath