The neighbor accused of tackling the USA senator Rand Paul while he was mowing his lawn faces a possible prison sentence after he pleaded guilty on Friday to the attack that left the politician with broken ribs and damaged lungs.
Paul suffered multiple broken ribs in the attack.
Baker's attorney, Matt Baker, has recommended Boucher serve no jail time. The charge carries maximum penalties of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
The two had an ongoing dispute over yard maintenance for a few months.
Boucher is scheduled to be sentenced on June 15.
Astori death shocks Italy
In 2014, Astori agreed a season-long loan to Roma for £1.8m and the Giallorossi paid a further £4.5m to make the deal permanent. Legendary Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon posted on social media following the shock news of Davide Astori's death.
"He feels like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders", Baker said. Federal prosecutors plan to seek a 21-month prison sentence, while the defense will argue for probation. Paul has said he never saw the attacker because he was facing downhill and wearing ear protection from the noise of his lawn mower. Paul said the injuries left him in a "living hell".
A federal judge accepted a plea agreement from Rene Boucher on March 9, which means he is now convicted of the assault. The conditions include that Boucher have no contact with Paul or the senator's family.
Boucher, a retired doctor and registered Democrat, said the attack was a dispute between neighbors and not politically motivated, according to CBS's Louisville affiliate, WLKY.
"I stress it because so frequently with these types of cases you see people accidentally coming together and they may not even mean it, and things might happen", Battani said to Boucher.
- Watch What's Being Called OJ Simpson's "Lost Confession"
- Geneva Motor Show 2018: Next-gen Toyota Auris breaks cover
- Mavs owner Mark Cuban denies 2011 sex assault allegation
- Draft EU Brexit text not faithful to December deal, Arlene Foster claims
- Detroit Pistons Game Recap: The Larry Nance Jr. Show
- Euthanasia and beyond: on the Supreme Court's verdict
- Joey Barton trolls Scotland as he gives honest opinion on Scott McTominay
- Newly-elected MLAs of Meghalaya take oath
- Normalcy returns to Kashmir Valley after protests, shutdown over Shopian firing
- Voicemail-like video messages are coming to Duo