After the House of Delegates refused to accept a state Senate resolution calling for a special session on the budget, Senate Majority Leader Tommy Norment was feeling, he told his colleagues, a bit irritated.
"We look forward to continuing to work with our lawmakers and other advocates to move SB 313 through the House and pass it into law".
"We have worked tirelessly over the past several months with our federal partners in Washington to demand increased innovation and flexibility in how our state runs Medicaid program", Sununu said. It's been waiting for a committee hearing since December.
Then, SB30 zipped through the House on Wednesday with 79 votes, four more than the 75 required for approval.
Rand Paul's neighbor pleads guilty to attacking Kentucky senator
Boucher is scheduled to be sentenced on June 15. "He feels like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders", Baker said . A federal judge accepted a plea agreement from Rene Boucher on March 9, which means he is now convicted of the assault.
While the regular General Assembly session ends Saturday, the threat of the state's first government shutdown does not come into play until the end of the budget year on June 30.
Florida legislators won't finish their work on time this year due to a deadlock over the state budget.
Since the bill was passed last week and the General Assembly was still in session, Friday was the deadline for Northam to act. It is important to point out however that the 24 million in funding taken from Medicaid will be made up with budget surpluses elsewhere in the state budget. Opponents argued it was a handout to the power monopoly.
- Newly-elected MLAs of Meghalaya take oath
- Pakistan's senate election seen as a bellwether for Shahbaz Sharif
- Draft EU Brexit text not faithful to December deal, Arlene Foster claims
- Voicemail-like video messages are coming to Duo
- Police arrests man under suspicion of Oscar theft
- Two Large Tesla Shareholders Support Musk's $2.6B Award
- Winners and 2 losers from 1st day of 2018 National Football League scouting combine
- Joey Barton trolls Scotland as he gives honest opinion on Scott McTominay
- California governor says Jeff Sessions acting like Fox News
- Mavs owner Mark Cuban denies 2011 sex assault allegation