South Africa's Kevin Anderson moved one step closer to capturing his second consecutive title with a 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 victory over American qualifier Jared Donaldson at the ATP Mexican Open. With AP Photos.Juan Martin del Potro won the Mexico Open for his 21st ATP Tour title, beating Kevin Anderson 6-4, 6-4 to improve to 7-0 against the 6-foot-8 South African. "I think he played really well. 6'8" Anderson fell as he approached the net at 15-0 up. Del Potro has now won and reached a final on the tour so fathis.
Since then, they have squared off in Vienna, Valencia, Basel, Washington and Delray again with all the matches taking place on the hard surface.
Del Potro, who is seeded sixth, won 78 percent of his first-serve points and 55 percent of his second serves in the one hour, 31 minute match.
Del Potro managed to hold serve throughout the match and broke Anderson twice.
The eighth-ranked Anderson won the New York Open two weeks ago for his fourth career title.
On the women's side, Lesia Tsurenko successfully defended her WTA Mexican Open title by rallying from a first set loss to beat Stefanie Voegele 5-7, 7-6 (7/2), 6-2. Tsurenko wins her fourth career WTA title, keeping her ideal record in finals at 4-0.
Wounded Palestinian Teen Cousin of Activist Released Following Arrest in West Bank
A response from his family was also added, along with his medical records. He was released upon interrogation by the police, the military confirmed.
The Ukrainian seventh seed has yet to drop a set over the last two years on the Acapulco hard court, a hot streak she will expect to extend when she meets unseeded Swiss Stefanie Voegele in Saturday's final.
Pablo Cuevas's pursuit of a fourth successive Brazil Open title ended Saturday as Italian Fabio Fognini snapped the Uruguayan's 15-match winning run in Sao Paolo with a 6-4, 6-2 win in the semifinals.
World number five Zverev, 20, is the highest-ranked player left in the draw of the hardcourt tournament that saw top seed Rafael Nadal withdraw with nagging hip trouble. "I'm so glad to win my 21st title playing in Acapulco".
Guido Pella was edged by Nicolas Jarry 6-7 (2-7) 6-4 7-6 (7-2), while Gael Monfils went down to Horacio Zeballos 6-3 3-6 6-3. The Acapulco champion will be one of the favorites when the tournament starts on Thursday.
"It's a very special tournament to me", Del Potro said.
Anderson, who had been in the form of life this year so far, was in his third final of 2018.
- Dalton High School Shooting | What we know
- Japan unveils futuristic mascots for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Arming teachers? Local education association, gun range manager discuss controversial issue
- Pakistani lawmakers begin secret vote for 52 Senate seats
- Atletico would beat Barcelona if we had Messi, says Simeone
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' release date moves a week sooner into April
- Boston Bruins go all-in, acquire Rick Nash from New York Rangers
- Zinedine Zidane: 'Real Madrid players have their confidence back'
- Pakistan bans screening of Anushka Sharma starrer 'Pari'
- Meghalaya assembly election results 2018: Congress' hattrick or BJP's debut?