Speaking to reporters after casting his vote for today's Senate election in Islamabad, he said his absence at Friday's meeting made headlines despite the fact that he did not attend any parliamentary party meeting in the last four years, Express News reported.
Former interior minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Chaudhary Nisar on Saturday has said that government institutions should play a practical role to tackle horse-trading during Senate elections.
Nisar has become disgruntled from the leadership of ruling party after Supreme Court's verdict in Panama Papers case in which the apex court disqualified ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif.
Another independent candidate Asad Junejo, having backing of PML-N, won the second seat for Islamabad after receiving 214 votes against 32 votes to Imran Ashraf and Kanwal Shozab respectively, according to the reports.
Elections for Upper House (Senate) are underway in the national and provincial assemblies of Pakistan as 133 candidates contest for 52 seats on Saturday.
Boston Bruins go all-in, acquire Rick Nash from New York Rangers
Gorton has turned Nash, Nick Holden and Michael Grabner into three prospects (Lindgren, Yegor Rykov, Rob O'Gara) and four futures. The Rangers will retain 50 percent of Nash's contract and likewise, the Bruins will retain 50 percent of Beleskis's deal.
A total of 20 Candidates are competing in the Punjab assembly; out of those, 12 would be elected as the Senators - 7 on general Seat; 2 each on technocrat and 2 women Seats; and 1 on non-Muslim Seat for a six-year term.
Pakistani political analysts say that by working with allied politicians in the Senate, PML-N should have de facto control of the 104-seat chamber.
Polling is taking place in Pakistan's four provincial assemblies and the federal parliament, with officials expecting final results to be announced later in the afternoon.
However, official results will not immediately show how well PML-N has done because some candidates were barred from running under the party's banner.
Under Pakistan's constitution a bill can not become law unless it is passed by both upper and lower houses of parliament.
- Maybelline deletes tweet polling followers if it should stay on Snapchat
- SA and India set for tour finale on Saturday T20 clash
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' release date moves a week sooner into April
- Dalton High School Shooting | What we know
- Wounded Palestinian Teen Cousin of Activist Released Following Arrest in West Bank
- Rick Ross reportedly placed on Life Support following Cardiac Arrest
- Google Assistant Updated With Routines and Location-based Reminders
- Utah Unions Keeping Close Eye on US Supreme Court's Janus Case
- Zinedine Zidane: 'Real Madrid players have their confidence back'
- Jaguar I-Pace finally unveiled