Volunteers were picking up some trash that had washed up from the river at Lesko Park and along flooded portions of State Road 56 on Saturday.
River levels are dropping throughout MI after flooding last week and over the weekend because of heavy rains and melting snow.
The National Weather Service has issued a River Flood Warning for the Rock River in Rock County Monday.
With forecasts predicting heavy storms in the Athens County area this weekend, Ohio University has canceled next Monday's classes at the Athens campus.
The National Weather Service forecasts the Ohio River at Cincinnati is expected to Crest Sunday Afternoon at 60.6 feet. Minor erosional flood damage to low-lying areas and agricultural land in Janesville and Afton is anticipated.
After a year, Trump holds firm grip on conservative movement
Trump asked. "The Second Amendment or tax cuts?" Trump then shouted each option and allowed the audience to cheer, gauging the crowd's opinion on the matter.
The floodwaters are still rising and crews are working hard to keep the raging Ohio River at bay.
Los Angeles and San Diego are expected to get heavy rain tonight, perhaps up to half an inch. All other concerns related to the current flood situation should be reported to the respective townships or through the Rock County Sheriff's Office - Emergency Management Bureau at 608-758-8440.
There are too many to mention who deserve credit, but we as citizens of the region - up and down the river - say thank you. Also, some county roads throughout the county have been washed out. Backwater flooding from the Ohio River can worsen on area creeks, especially along the Ohio side of the river through Scioto and Adams counties.
Keener Township Volunteer Fire Chief Randy Woods said the breach was relatively minor when it was discovered about 3 p.m. Friday near Demotte, about 50 miles southeast of Chicago.
Over the past several days, Grand Rapids residents have experienced what the city is calling near historic flooding.
- Maybelline deletes tweet polling followers if it should stay on Snapchat
- United Kingdom economic growth revised lower in the fourth-quarter
- Tiger Woods Shoots Even Par in 1st Round of 2018 Honda Classic
- Zinedine Zidane: 'Real Madrid players have their confidence back'
- Woods commits to play next week in Honda Classic
- Boston Bruins go all-in, acquire Rick Nash from New York Rangers
- For the first time in 25 years South Africa increases Value-Added Tax
- Large increase in the Ohio River flood crest
- Google Assistant Updated With Routines and Location-based Reminders
- Sling TV Now Has More Than 2.2 Million Subscribers